SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading document number after event 5500 FPE1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using event 5500 called during FPE1 to do some checks. Based on those checks, I do a "perform start_wf on commit". Within this I call 'SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT' to trigger my event and eventually my workflow. Now, I'm exporting some fields to global memory for use in the form but I don't have access to the document # since that hasnt been created as yet in event 5500. How can I get the 'opbel' in my form?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

My current workaround has been to utilize event 0030 to get the newly generated document number and export to memory. I then import the doc # back from memory in my "perform on commit" routine and trigger my event. But, since this may not be the most efficient solution, I'm open to any alternate ideas ?!

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP standard gives you an option of triggering a WF in this event. When a new Document is created through FPE1 event 'ApprovalRequired' for BOR Object CA_DOC is triggered. In this event in, just pass 1 to field e_c4eye to trigger this event.

Then attach your custom WF in transaction code SWE2 to the event. When WF is triggered, pass the parameter EVTOBJECT of type BOR Object CA_DOC. this by default will give you the document number in WF to play with.

Hope it helps. Please reply back in case of concerns.

Thanks.

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi. I was able to get a workaround using event 0030 to get the document number. I'm using the event 5501 to trigger the workflow but I need to trigger workflow based on the value of the payment method at item level and hence I'm using a custom Z event instead of CA_DOC.