cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Inspection Lot Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to use Inspection Type 04 in 2 ways.

1) For FERT material types inspection lot should be generated automatically.

2) For HALB material types inspection lot should not be generated. The client will generate the inspection lot manually if he finds any problem with the lot.

A step by step guide to configure this in SAP System would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barrah,

1) For FERT material types inspection lot should be generated automatically.

The requirement is not clear, if you maintain 04 inspection type, on goods receipt after production in standard SAP, 04 inspection lots are always automatically generated. Please clarify if you require something else.

2) For HALB material types inspection lot should not be generated. The client will generate the inspection lot manually if he finds any problem with the lot.

You can remove 04 inspection type for HALBs and maintain 89 instead. No lot will be generated on goods receipt, when you want you can create manual lots.

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You experts for replying and guiding.

The solution suggested by SM is good.

Waiting for the client to confirm.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have somewhat different view in this

In control key @ operation level --->if you look at the customization

QCC0->Quality planning->inspection planning->operation->define control keys-->say pp01

there is tick of " Post goods receipt automatically"

The automatic goods receipt is triggered by the confirmation of the operation in whose control key this indicator has been set.

So for HALB material if you do not have control key with this ticked then it should not create auto GR, which will not create Inspection lot.

But there are some conditions that needs to be followd for this.

Check the customization F1 help

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you will have to use the user QPL10001 exit to suppress the HALB inspeciton lots. The coding shouldn't be hard as long as this iis consistent across the business. You'd simply suppress the lot for all HALB material types that are not manually created. (QALS-QSTAT01 is the field to detrermine if the lot was manually created or not). But as soon as one HALB anywhere in the business requires automatic inspection lots your user exit would get in the way.

So if you go this route, you might also want to create a new material type, something like "ZALB" that would allow automatic inspections. Another option is to use a special field like the cross-plant material status field if you aten't using it. Set up one code for inspection, and one for no inspections. Code the user exit accordingly.

Another option, which I don't know if you have considered, is to allow the automatic creation of your HALB 04 inspection lots. Just create them all as skip lots with posting directly to unrestricted inventory. That way, if a problem arises, you can go into the created inspection lot and use it, or if it has been processed already by the auto UD for skip lots, you can create a new 04 lot manuallly. This would require no development and is all standard SAP.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Inspetion type 04 - Production receipt inspection, where product is inspected after the work order confirmation / receipt is performed.

You have to create MIC's (QS21), Sampling procedures (QDV1) and create inspection plan (QP01)

For FERT materials activate 04 inspection type in Material master QM View.

Do GR by MB31, inspection lot will get generated automatically.

Please also consider the material master QM view, setting "Control Insp Lot" for insp type 04.

Regards

Hari