Did you mean: 

sample qty

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

In my inspection plan i dont have sampling procedure

when i make a inspectiot during GR for 10 pcs

in Result recording Sample Size that Has to Be Inspected for a Characteristic is shown as 1

in change inspection lot sample tab's sample size is showing as 10

why two different reading is showing

why it is showing 1 in RR area

Pls give any idia

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

First check whether you have ticked the Control indicator "summarized recording" while creating MIC's (QS21)

If so, you have to tick the control indicator "Single result"

Also in SPRO>> QM>> Basic settings>>Maintain Settings at Plant Level

Check whether you have ticked summarized recording.

Thanks and Regards

Hari

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

First check whether you have ticked the Control indicator "summarized recording" while creating MIC's (QS21)

If so, you have to tick the control indicator "Single result"

Yes i change my MIC to Single result

Also in SPRO>> QM>> Basic settings>>Maintain Settings at Plant Level

Check whether you have ticked summarized recording.

Yes it is ticked summarized recording

Still as i create a inspection lot for 5 pcs and system showing to be inspted as 1 pcs in RR area

Any other setting i need to check

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You shouldn't tick that. If you tick that you can enter only one result during the results recording.

Sample n=1: Recording of Summarized Statistics

Means that the results recording will always be summarized if n = 1 (for example when inspecting one unit or 1 ml).

Activate 100% Inspection in the QM view

"If you set this indicator, the system treats the inspection lot size as the sample size."

If this doesn't work then do the following.

1.If you use the sampling procedure, it has more priority than QM view of material master.U can create a sampling procedure with "100% inspection" and assign in the inspection plan.

2.Check that you are only looking at new inspection lots. Previously created lots will not be updated.

3..Check the material master Base unit of measure & Task list sample unit of measure in Insp plan, Both units should be same

4.Maintain the sampling procedure & Make sure that base sample quantity is 1

Regards

Hari

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

It seems like you want the number to be inspected to be same as sample size, but then why do you require the same? The 2 things are supposed to be different. The first one signifies the number of samples required to test an inspection characterisstic while the second one is the total quantity of sample required to complete the inspection for all samples generated for all MICs in the lot.

Even in a very simple case, if you have one MIC and sample quantity in plan is say 0.5 g, let us assume you have maintained 100% inspection in sampling procedure and you create a lot for 2g. As per 100% inspection sample size will be 2g, but no. to be inspected will be 2 / 0.5 = 4.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Sep 7, 2011 8:44 AM

Edited by: Sm on Sep 7, 2011 8:45 AM

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

If i assign a sampling procedure for 100 inspection it is working fine with me

But i am try to achive without sampling procudure

So please tell me sampling procesure is it compulsory here to obtain to be inspected qty in RR area same as inspection lot qty

Faisal

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

As hinted by Harikris, you can maintain 100% in material master for that inspection type, instead of sampling procedure.

Can you please mention what base quantity you have maintained in the operation level and at the characteristic level (for sample) in your inspection plan ?

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Sep 7, 2011 11:26 AM

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

I have already tried on that way by 100 inspection in QM view of material master for inspection type

Stil i get the same qty in RR (to be insepcted area)

Can you please mention what base quantity you have maintained in the operation level and at the characteristic level (for sample) in your inspection plan ?

By default it was in there as 1 i didnt make any change

Faisal

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Stil i get the same qty in RR (to be insepcted area)

Do you mean that if you are maintaining 100% inspection in material master you get same effect as in sample procedure ?

Regards

Sm.

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SM

that is what i am try to achive

i need to have a qty to be inspected in RR is equal to inspection lot qty

i have tried both way by 100 inspection in QM view in material master

But i didnt get any result as i want

i am try to achive without using samlping procedure

faisal

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd have to say that if the 100% indicator in the material inspection type setup is not working, than it is becasue the system ran into another way of calculating sample size.

First make sure the control indicator for "Sampling procedure required" is turned off in all the MIC's in the inspection plan. Make sure you also remove any sampling procedures left over in the inspection plan.

Then try again with 100% ticked on in the material master.

FF

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FF

All the setting is ok

in MM 100% ticked

inspection plan without sampling procedure

MIC Control indicatore is not ticked for sampling procedure

But still it is not working

Other that above setting any plant level setting is need to be check?

Faisal

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QM configuration you can define a default sampling procedure in the plant level settings. SO you can check that and remove it if you want too.

FF

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I think the only way to get the benefit of sampling procedure without assigning it to inspection plan is how FF suggested it. You can try assigning the sampling procedure in plant level setting and check.

Regards

SM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

If you enter tte sampling procedure at plant level it will determine samples whenever sampling procedures have not been assigned to characteristics. This does not apply, however, in the case of inspections with inspection points.

Regards

Hari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you check the 'base quantity' and 'unit of measure for operation' in operation overview of inspection plan.

If the base quantity is over '1' or the unit of measure is different with unit for inspection lot quantity, the system calculates and show another sample size.

Regards

Luke

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

In result recording there is one field called "Number of Inspected Sample Units" which is naturally different from the sample size calculated in the inspection lot. The number of inspected units which in case of fixed scope is same as "Sample Size that Has to Be Inspected for a Characteristic" is nothing but the number of samples that you have mentioned in your sampling procedure for that particular inspection characteristic that you are seeing in the result recording screen.. Sample size in inspection lot is the total quantity of sample required to be inspected for all the MICs.

When you don't have sampling procedure the "to be inspected" size is picked up from the settings as described by Harikris.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Sep 6, 2011 3:14 PM

Edited by: Sm on Sep 6, 2011 3:15 PM