Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get logical system

former_member723031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Generally while creating third party BS in SLD, we give logical system name and for TS we give Host.

we have one JDBC receiver channel for which host is changed now. In Connection parameter we have given the new host.

so for that JDBC receiver Business System, i changed the Host in SLD and gave the new host but not getting from where I will get the logical system. The team which provided the host told that they have only created the new server. They have no idea on this.

Or I will use the old Host and LS. Old Host will not work I guess. incoming data coming through ABAP proxy to JDBC . but while debugging proxy program it is giving Business system error.

Please suggest what to do.

Waiting for a quick response.

Thanks,

Swapnashree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For changes related to Server name of database you just need to make changes in the jdbc receiver communicationchannel. You can have business service or business component too for jdbc target system. you dont really need business system. Even if you use third party business system, logical system is not really required to consider in this case.

Also do the ID tool test for your configuration objects. You might have given invalid communication component or business system names.

former_member723031
Participant
0 Kudos

Previously I had only made changes in channel connection parameter. but it did not worked. When I checked the technical system, there old host is present. SO,I replace that with new host which is now maintained in connection parameter.

and when I checked the BS, in LS, the old instance of URL present.

For example:

connection parameter

jdbc:oracle:thin:@abcd123.abc.com:xxx:yyyyyy

abcd123 - host

xxx- port

yyyyyy - Logical system name ..

My query is shall I use this new Host only. I tested with new Host and LS combination and old Host and LS combination.. both did nt worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logical System Name we maintain in Buisness System in SLD .

after changes :

1. Clear SLD Data Cache from ID .

2. Double click on Business System - Edit - Communication Component - Display Adapter Specific Identifiers - Compare with SLD Button - Check now Logical System name - Must be changed after comparing - now save it .

But Logical System Basically works/more usefull for IDOC/RFC scenario . I dont know Why your JDBC scenario going into error because of this logical system ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on the Business Service/System where your JDBC channel have been defined.

Click on service

Go to Adapter-specific Identifiers.

regards

Ramesh