cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a Simple IDOC XML file to EDI file , How can i do it using PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is I am getting IDOC XML file and need to transform it into EDI IDOC file in Message Mapping and on the target side i have FTP adapter ,

How can i achieve it ?

any doc / java Code would be appreciated ...

Regards

PS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for idea .

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any java mapping In which in between i will be able to convert the XML to EDI file .?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about JAVA Mapping usage for this type of conversion. It will be better if you go with any of conversion agents to solve your problem. Opt for standard conversion.

Java mapping can be written but it will be complex and maintenance would be a issue.

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get this by using conversion agent.

Refer the following link

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield

Additional Information

Possible options for EDI communication with SAP PI

* Create an adapter module that incorporates all the EDI parsers capabilities to convert specific EDI format into EDI-xml or vice-versa.

The Dark Side: The problem with this approach is that even if you are able to convert the EDI-xml to EDI or vice-versa, you are still missing the protocol that will be used for communication e.g. AS2, X400. Another problem is that you need to create the adapter module for various kind of EDI format like EDIFACT, X12, TRADACOMS etc

* Use Conversion Agent for converting EDI into EDI-xml and vice-versa.

The Dark Side: The issue with this approach is same as that of first case.

* Create your own adapter.

The Dark Side: Only issue with this approach is if your organization uses multiple protocols with their customers, then it would mean that multiple custom adapters need to be created for each protocol. This would delay the overall project timeline certainly by months.

* Purchase a third-party adapter.

Seeburger, being a market leader in providing EDI related solutions, has exposed a rich set of EDI adapters which gets integrated to SAP PI adapter engine seamlessly. Seeburger adapters are SAP certified and are now widely used by Customers enhancing their PI capabilities.

regds

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh P on Sep 6, 2011 5:18 PM