cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Code Scanner

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My client given some requirement about the bar code scanner functionality could you guide me in providing the prompt solution

a) Remote based bar code scanner is used by client and the requirement is they want to scan the material and pallet at the production floor and warehouse level,for that i need to design the screen to capture a data from bar code scanning or i can directly update the date.

b)They want to print a bar code from SAP for the material and pallet....is it a WM functionality or just a smart form work.

Thanks

Muthuraman.D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) Remote based bar code scanner is used by client and the requirement is they want to scan the material and pallet at the production floor and warehouse level,for that i need to design the screen to capture a data from bar code scanning or i can directly update the date.

This requirement is a bit too high level. What do you want to achieve by capturing material and pallet? Feed to stand SAP transaction to generate/update a document? If you need more input, please spend some effort to provide more information here.

b)They want to print a bar code from SAP for the material and pallet....is it a WM functionality or just a smart form work.

Smart form will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Thanks for your answer. Actually my client requirement is once production process completed for a material they will take bar coding label from SAP also they scan a material and after that material moved to warehouse they will scan a material and kept in a specific pallet (cross checking).

The above process provide to confirm that material produced in shop floor moved to warehouse by two times scanning ..by specific report they will get the mismatching materials...

for the above process whether i need specific screen needed or just interface is enough.what is the difference between mobile RF and general bar code scanner in capturing data.

Thanks

Muthuraman.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Give me some inputs...

Thanks

Muthuraman.D