Did you mean: 

Lifecycle planning with multiple locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Imagine we have:

1) Product A in Location A

2) Product B in Location B

Now there is a initiative to discontinue production of Product B in location B and it is expected that customers will buy instead Product A in Location A.

So I need to map sales history of Product B in Location B to Product A in Location A. How can I achieve this functionality?

- Life-cycle management allows me to do only within the same location.

- Other option is to do a realignment, but it is too dangerous for often use from my point of view.

Does anyone have implemented some development on this?

Thanks,

Art

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Art,

Its a Good Question.

/SAPAPO/RLGCOPY - Data Realignment : This option is not so dangerous if you follow procedure(SAP Help) correctly. Just want to point - Make sure you Set the No deletion of source data indicator while copying (and retain) the source CVC into target CVC. It is very safe way.

Another option is realigning data outside Planning Area - may in Infocube then loading back into PA. Or else extracting the data into Flat file and replacing product/location and realoading it back to Planning Area.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, helpful answer.

Keeping this thread open for while possibly to get info on developments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Art,

1. If you want to consider using Life cycle planning only , Try creating the life cycle table on Product and Location characteristics. Create the life profile and then maintain both Product A/ Location A values in the lifecycle table.

2. Realignment should be considered as one of the option, if your users are OK with actually copying the sales history to new product instead of just referring the sales history for forecasting without actually copying. Also, as mentioned earlier by Satish, execute realignment in two steps if you want to play safe. Copy first and then delete CVCs belonging to Product B/Loc B as a next step once you are sure the data has been copied correctly to Prod A/Loc A.

Also you could do this in Quality first to feel confident about results.

Hari Vomkarey