cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many pricing procedures to be created?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is good information related to this thread, I have read some of them. The links are below for reference.

My question is specific and therefore need your advice. I am going to implement SD for a manufacturing company. Doing B2B with 3 customers per country.The Org structure and processes are -

3 countries in Europe (Germany, Netherlands, England) each having their own Co Cd and their own S org. There is ONLY one d. channel and one division.

Processes to be implemented are - OR, RE, CR, DR

in second phase of implementaiton - FD, Intercompany sales, 3rd party sale

For the above, how many pricing procedures should I be estimating? And what should I tell my client, as my reasons for the same?

Thank you, in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

do the three company codes use the same chart of accounts?

Thank you.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes they do!

Would you please explain the reason for asking this question? (is this impacting the number of pricing procedures? or....maybe account determination or......)

Many thanks!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

How many type of pricing procedure?

Its a very tricky question.

But in my opinion. If the client requirement is analysed properly and we guide them well, I don't feel we require more than one pricing procedure.

As anyhow we differentiate different process & business senario based:

- Sales area

- Customer pricing group

- pricing group

etc.

Only expection will be incase of computation difference in:

- Discounts

- Surchanges

- Insurance

- frieght

- rebate

- any business senario based routine used

These may lead to different pricing procedure.

But, customer rules on this.

Thanks & Regards

JP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

many thanks for your help!

1. what about the number of pricing procedures for two different processes e.g. OR and FD?

Having appropriate fields (e.g. customer/material/sales document type) can activate or deactivate, the selection of a condition record by the system in case of different order types; but then wouldn't extending condition tables create more load on the system rather than having two different pricing procedures?

2. what about the number of pricing procedures for two different countries with different Tax condition types?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. what about the number of pricing procedures 
for two different processes e.g. OR and FD?
Having appropriate fields (e.g. customer/material/sales 
document type) can activate or deactivate, the selection 
of a condition record by the system in case of different 
order types; but then wouldn't extending condition tables 
create more load on the system rather than having two 
different pricing procedures?

Instead going for extenting condition table, simply, you can have a routine for the frieght condition type. Where it will have logic to execute in case of desired Sales doc type.

2. what about the number of pricing procedures for 
two different countries with different Tax condition types?

You can have same tax condition types assigned to different countries. Subsequently, you can have different customer tax type (Tcode OVK3) & material tax type (Tcode OVK4) But, if computation steps or logic of Taxes differ for countries, then you may have more than one pricing procedure.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already stated in the links, It is a general practice that for each of the following sales process, we have one pricing procedure each

a) Domestic sales

b) Exports sales

c) STO sales

d) Depot sales

e) Scrap sales

For credit note and debit note, depending upon the requirement, we can go for new pricing procedure but maintaining the same pricing procedure is recommended

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your post!

Can you please advise on the following -

Processes - OR, RE, CR, DR - 1 pricing procedure (althought the client shall NOT give back the tax amounts in RE credit memos)

FD - 1 pricing procedure, with freight charges

Intercompany sales - 1 pricing procedure

3rd party - 1 pricing procedure

So in total I have 4 pricing procedure, for 1 country; in which 1 pricing procedure FD is tax independent.

Thus for 3 countries, I shall have 3X3 + 1 = 10 pricing procedures. Is my initial estimation correct? Please advise.

(tax condition types is 3 countries are different)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirment you have to detemine different pricing procedure based upon document type,

So in total I have 4 pricing procedure, for 1 country; in which 1 pricing procedure FD is tax independent.

As you said your clint wants to different tax so you have to determine country specific pricing procedure also.

as usally we dont create county specific procdure we are going defind tax determination procdure for country specifix the we linked with pricing procedure.

Thanks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.