cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Business Partners to iBase Components

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

We are in the process of doing the IMG configuration for Solution Manager 4.0. The IMG activity "Assign Business Partners to iBase Components" says that the functions Administrator, Key User, and Sold-to Party need to be assigned to business partners. However, in transaction IB52, the functions available are Contact Person, Employee Responsible, Service Employee Group, and Ship-To Party.

Which do we need to assign? Is it important that any of these functions be assigned to a business partner of any particular type (e.g. Person, Employee, or Organization)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are in the version SOLMAN 40, you should look for function "Reported by" in state of "key User" and "System Administrator" in state of "Administrator". If, in your menu, you dont have all the required values, go to SPRO, and look for "Define Partner Determination Procedure" transaction. Then Select the procedure 00000032 "Installed Base/IBase" and in the

column permitted functions select Standard (All defined partner

function). Save it. Now you can select any BP to assign to your IBase.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh thank you very much!

That solved the issue for me as well

Best regards,

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I'm working with service desk scenario in Solution Manager 4.0. I'm going to work a scenario without key users so it means that I have 180 end users registering tickets. But I have a problem when as an end user go to transaction S_SMC_47000002 - Reported by me. I can't see any ticket that I creates.

Should I create a Business Partner for each end user that I have?? If yes, How can I create it automatically?.

Regards.

Alvaro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try the transaction BP_GEN

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you see any business partners from satellite system in <b>BP</b> transaction?

Did you make automatic import of Business Partners from satellite System? If not import that.

Check this will do.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

well, I did it, and I can see them from solution manager, but the question is, with what funtion should we assign them?! what is equivalent to administrador? etc.?

somebody knows?

Thanks in advance!

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you assigned your SAP users with Business Partner ???

If not , Please read below ,

I means the Users must assigned to a Business Partner as a Employee . In Order to create a Business Partner Employee . Go to Business Partner , and Select Type of Employee and then create .

Go to Identification Tab assign your corresponding login user name for the business partner.

Hope this may solve your problem .

Prakash.

-

Reward if useful !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your answer. I did assign my SAP users to BP; the ones in my satellite systems (which are the called "key users") and the ones in SM itself (message processor) and of course the organization sold-to-party. And they are supposed to be assigned to iBase components under certain roles (or functions) which are Employee, Contact Person, etc. but the IMG activity referes to Administrador, Key User and Sold-to-party.

But my question is, what is what, what are the correspondences? I mean, the only one obvious to me is the Sold-to-party, and maybe the message creators can be either Employee and Service Employee Group, but I cant figure it out what function should I assign for example for my key users (users in satellite systems) and Admin (i just assigned for now as contact person...). And if and how this assigment would affect my Service Desk?

Thanks for any help.

Katia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katia

Did you configured Service Desk on any previous version of Solution Manager or is this your first time ? Cuz I have configured it too but on Solution Manager 3.2, and as far as i remember the only thing i maintained in transaction IB52 was Sold-to-Party. My key users get selected automatically when they create a message, as there business partners with Employee Role are maintained in SOLMAN.

Regards

Bilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there Bilal,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, this is my first time and I am trying to configure SM 4.0. I did find some documentation about SM 3.2, where as you said, just Sold-to-Party was maintained in transaction IB52. And I did maintain my BP in SOLMAN, so I will wait and see if my key users get selected automatically by creating a message, I m still in "raw" phase.

Thank you very much for your answer, it was helpful, I ll reward.

Regards,

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ll reward if you show me how, no idea, I cant find it...

Sorry for that.

Regards,

Katia.

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

Business Partners is a mechanism that Solution Manager user to track satellite users. This allows Solution Manager to “know” about users that don’t have user ID’s inside of the Solution Manager system itself. All users, both in an out of the Solution Manager system, need to be added as Business Partners. Additionally, supported organizations also need to be added as Business Partners.

In transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER, menu option Edit / Create Business Partner provides a means to conveniently load business partners from the user database of a satellite system. Using the “Add” button you can identify an RFC Destination that can be used to read this user data. The “Date Selection” button can be used to limit the selection to only identify recently added users. Once you select a user or users, the “Create” button is used to create the Business Partner.

A Business Partner maps to one or more SAP user IDs. A SAP user is identified by the combinations of SID, installation number, client, and user ID.

The transaction BP is used to manage Business Partner data. By default, all Business Partners are assigned to the General role. In the General role, descriptive attributes such as name or phone number for the Business Partner are maintained.

The Identification tab for the General role maps the Business Partner to the systems that he has accounts within. Systems can be manually added using this tab.

The Employee role connects the Business Partner to his Solution Manager user ID if applicable. The IMG sometimes refers to the Employee role as Message Processor. The user’s Solution Manager user ID is placed in the User Name field. A user must be in the Employee roles in order to process data within the Service Desk or CHARM areas of Solution Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for the very good explanation. I guess I still have to try to understand better how this whole thing works... If you show me how I will reward you, but I just dont find a buttom o link to the rewarding thing.

Best regards,

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katia,

Have a look on:

https://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

Then Media Library -->Technical Papers

There is a document called: "Service Desk: Additional Information" that gives you all the answers.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there Alex,

Thank you very much, I will take a look

Regards,

Katia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the same problem of change request management's confiuration. I can not execute completly an urgent correction, and the error message is "There is no valid business partner assigned to your user". I don't find the "key User" and the "Administrator" types of bp's in Tx IB52 when trying to assign the business partners created, to my ibase. I think, this is also the cause of not being abble to activate a maintenance cycle.

If you have an element of answer, could you help me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Youssef

Please check that the a business partner of your user is created in transaction "bp". And your user has the necessary authorization required depending on his role, whether its a Change Manager, Developer, Tester or End User.

Regards,

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Youssef

Please check that you have the following users with the roles mentioned below:

Change Manager

-

SAP_SOCM_CHANGE_MANAGER

SAP_SOCM_PRODUCTION_MANAGER

SAP_CM_SMAN_PRODCUTIONMANAGER

Developer

-

SAP_SOCM_DEVELOPER

SAP_SOCM_REQUESTOR

SAP_CM_SMAN_DEVELOPER

End User

-

SAP_SOCM_TESTER

SAP_CM_SMAN_TESTER

Basis User

-

SAP_SOCM_IT_OPERATOR

SAP_SOCM_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_CM_SMAN_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_CM_SMAN_OPERATOR

Regards

Bilal Nazir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Katia

It is frustrating, ther is no answer to your question, i am facing same problem now and no one can provide me answer to the same problem. could you finally solve it?

help