Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML81N - Service Entry Sheet - Release button securable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a request from our PM workstream team to determine if the release icon in transaction code ML81N can be "inactiviated" via security. I ran a trace when the transaction was being executed to view the relevant objects and field values being checked. The activities in the auth objects do not control the release activity.

Can anyone confirm that if they are using ML81N, they either need to have a release strategy (with release codes, which CAN be secured on) and that it can NOT be done via security?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, it is NOT possible with default security. Check out:

though as it contains info on user exits that may be of use to you.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, it is NOT possible with default security. Check out:

though as it contains info on user exits that may be of use to you.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maybe defining a transaction variant could be a useful approach. The users would then have to use the (new) variant transaction instead of ML81N (=> requires to adjust their authorizations/roles: S_TCODE authorization regarding ML81N => the new TCODE).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wanted to update - this authorization will be implemented along with the release strategy; so the combination of the two will allow users to release the service entry sheets with their delegation of authority (release code is an auth field that can be secured).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you know... I could'nt find it.

But, it could be possible..if there are any of the following exits have to be activated, arent?

INTERFAC

SRVDET

SRVEDIT

SRVENTRY

SRVESI

SRVESKN

SRVESLL

SRVESSR

SRVEUSCR

SRVKNTTP

SRVLIMIT

SRVMAIL1

SRVMSTLV

SRVPOWEB

SRVQUOT

SRVREL

SRVSEL

SRV_FRM

JUst I ve activated SRVREL...

Tks,

Ignacio

0 Kudos

> ... you know... I could'nt find it.

I don't think you will find Julie this way either. The post is from 2006....

Cheers,

Julius