cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can You please tell me how to plan the number of communication channels in the Business system.

for an instance I worked with File to JDBC scenario Where I used 2 communication channels and 2 message interfaces.

here i have 3 Servers like Xi,FTP and SQl.

in File to RFC Scenario this is totally Differnt 3 CC's and 5 MI's.

Can u pl explain me in detailed way.

Thanks,

P.Srinivasa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

There is no planning of the number of communcation channel/ MI as such. You just have to use how many ever are needed for your scenario's design :).

For example, in your simple File to RFC scenario, you need three CC's for

CC 1 , to send the file( a file sender)

CC 2 ( for RFC), to generate the output file to send to XI( after RFC invoke)

CC 3 , a file receiver channel to recieve the response.

These are mandatory CC's for the scenario.

Similarly, u need five message interfaces here, since you your integration process( BPM) uses abstract interfaces for communication.So, 3 Abstract + 1 outbound + 1 inbound.

So, the fact that I am trying to put through is that there is no such planning of CC's anf MI's and they solely depend on what u need your scenario to do.

Hope I have answered your question.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Number of communication channels depends on how many Inbound interfaces and Outbound interface you have (Also no sender CC for Idoc and HTTP) .

In case of File to RFC you will have 2 communication channels. But if you are saving/sending the response of the RFC you will have 3 CC's

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can use any number of communication channels for your business system.

Depends on the application you have to create your business system.suppose if you want communicate through IDOC or proxies...you should use WEBAS ABAP.

sekhar