cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New window Print all Expand all Collapse all oracle upgrade license and ASM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working for an SAP customer who bought oracle run-time license through SAP.

The version of oracle is Enterprise Edition 10.2.0.4.0 on windows server 2008 r2.

According to SAP note number 1110995, the chargeable extended support begins on July 31st, 2011.

I want to upgrade oracle from the current version to oracle 11gr2.

My question is, Is any license implications for upgrade from 10gr2 to 11gr2?

Another question i want to ask is concerning Automatic Storage Management on oracle version 11gr2.

According to SAP note 1550133. ASM does not support Microsoft windows platform yet, but is planned for

Q2/2011.

Since Q2/2011 is over, is there any SAP note number that certifies ASM on Microsoft Windows Platform?

I also want to ask if SAP supports a setup on heterogeneous environments.

That is the SAP ECC6.0 on windows server 2008 and oracle database 10gr2 on Oracle Linux.

Is the above setup supported by SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

>> My question is, Is any license implications for upgrade from 10gr2 to 11gr2?

Most of my customers are licensed their database software by Oracle itself, not by SAP. At this stage, they didn't face any problem and pay additional fee for the upgrade. I suggest you discuss this with the local SAP office.

>> Since Q2/2011 is over, is there any SAP note number that certifies ASM on Microsoft Windows Platform?

ASM is not supported on Windows platform by SAP, yet. I didn't hear any news about it.

>> That is the SAP ECC6.0 on windows server 2008 and oracle database 10gr2 on Oracle Linux.

Is the above setup supported by SAP?

Yes, it is supported by SAP. but as you can see in the note "1110995 - Extended maintenance for Oracle Version 10.2", Oracle 10g extended support begins on July 31st, 2011. So, you should upgrade it to 11g even your DB is running on Linux.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orkun,

My last question was the setup of Oracle ECC 6.0 running on windows server host and it's oracle database running on a linux on a different server host.

Does SAP support the setup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orkun,

>

> My last question was the setup of Oracle ECC 6.0 running on windows server host and it's oracle database running on a linux on a different server host.

>

> Does SAP support the setup?

Please read the statement, below;

>> Yes, it is supported by SAP. but as you can see in the note "1110995 - Extended maintenance for Oracle Version 10.2", Oracle 10g extended support begins on July 31st, 2011. So, you should upgrade it to 11g even your DB is running on Linux.

I said "yes, it is supported by SAP". No problem with it.

Additionally, I noted that you should upgrade your database to Oracle 11g soon, because of Oracle 10g extented support period began. Please read the note, also.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orkun,

Thank you for giving me the answers for the first two qeustions.

The last question i asked was about the setup of SAP E.C.C 6.0 on windows platform and oracle database on Linux platform.

The note you referred me to does not mention on such kind of setup.

The note is all about he extended period for oracle 10gr2 which ended on 31st July 2011.

Thanks in advance

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orkun,

>

> Thank you for giving me the answers for the first two qeustions.

>

> The last question i asked was about the setup of SAP E.C.C 6.0 on windows platform and oracle database on Linux platform.

> The note you referred me to does not mention on such kind of setup.

> The note is all about he extended period for oracle 10gr2 which ended on 31st July 2011.

>

> Thanks in advance

> Lawrence

Ok, let me clear the state. You can install the Oracle 10g on Linux there's no problem.

On the other hand, as indicated in the note, it is in the extended period. So, you need no pay more fee in order to get support by SAP.

Please read the statement in the note 1110995 - Extended maintenance for Oracle Version 10.2, below;

You can settle the chargeable extended maintenance on a quarterly basis.
 This extended maintenance is valid for a maximum of two years; therefore, for 
Oracle 10.2, it is valid until July 31st, 2013.

For SAP customers who purchased their Oracle database license
from SAP, the order form for purchasing the Oracle 10.2 extended maintenance
 is available on SAP Service Marketplace under the following link:

http://service.sap.com/maintenance -> Order Extended Maintenance -> Oracle Extension -> 
Order Extended Maintenance for Oracle 10.2.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Orkun,

Thank you for the information

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is, Is any license implications for upgrade from 10gr2 to 11gr2? - No