Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Partial GR for PO Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have current design as follows:

We defined internal event code "Quantity Received". Whenever the GR is posted for PO Item, this event is getting reported though the GR is done for partial quantity. We are capturing the actual GR quantity and Open Quantity in the form of parameters.

Now the requirement is to have this event code not to be reported (it should not turn to Green) if the GR quantity is not matching with Order Quantity. It should turn green only when the received quantity matches with ordered quantity.

Can you suggest how to handle this situation?

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

you could check if quantity matches in the rule set. If not you can abort the processing using activity QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING.

The event message is stored then as irrelevant for this EH and not reported i.e. expected event stays unreported.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

Your idea is good, but if the event message is not processed, i can not get the Actual GR quantity and Open quantity which are used for other reporting purpose.

Kindly suggest me how to get these values without having the event reported for partial GR.

Hope I am clear on my query.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

you could first update the parameters and afterwards do the check and if it fails use QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING.

In this case the parameters should updated on the EH but the message is stored as irrelevant.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Steffen.

This looks very useful option. I shall test this and then close the thread with points awarded to you.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

I tried to test this option. After Parameter update, I am comparing the quantities. Next task should be QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING if the comaprision fails. May I know how do I specify the failure of previous task?

Task Seq: 20

Task: COMPARE_QUANTITIES

Activity: COMPARE

Field1: <CNTRL-Z_GR_QUANTITY> ...GR Qty

Field2: <INFO-Z_QUANTITY> ...Order Qty

Comparision: =

Task Seq: 30

Task: QUIT_EVM

Activity: QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING

Previous Task: COMPARE_QUANTITIES Log Operator <> ...To specify the failure of previous task

But this is not working and event message is getting processed though the quantities are different.

But my requirement is if GR Qty<Ord Quantity, Quit event message processing.

Please suggest how to define tasks.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

what return code is the COMPARE activity throwing? For failure 1 should be returned.

You could check this in SLG1 or from /SAPTRX/EH_LIST when you display your EH and press the log button.

Task 30 should the only carried out if Task 20 returns 1.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

I could not see the log.

I defined task 30 as follows and tested. But still EVM is getting processed.

Task Seq 30

Task QUIT_EVM

Activity QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING

Previous Task COMPARE_QUANTITIES Log Operator = Prev. Ret.Code 1

Please let me know if I defined it incorrectly.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The settings are ok. What is the log saying? And maybe you could check the message in table /SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG.

The flag for NOT_RELEVANT should be set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

I checked it in the Task Log of Event Handler and found that when return code is 1, it is going to task EVM_QUIT_PROCESSING but event message is gettign processed.

May I know where to set this falg NOT_RELEVANT?

I hope this should resolve my issue.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This flag should be set automatically through QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING.

I think the only chance to find the error is to debug QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen

Instead of QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING, I used STOP_PROCESSING and this is working fine. But the parameters are not getting updated. I used Activity 10 as PARAMETER_CHANGE before COMPARE activity.

Am I using wrong activity to update parameters before I am stopping processing of EVM?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

This is resolved. We can not use QUIT_EVM_PROCESSING for this requirement and did the design differently.

Thanks

Ravi