cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load balancing by RZ12 Serger Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm trying to get some knowledge about this subject for my prod. BI system. Maybe some of you, almighty masters of SAP administration (standard flattering), could give me a hand

Here's the situation: We've a BI system (NW 7.0 ehp1) with 4 servers ( CI + 3 appl.serv). We've defined both a server group (RZ12) and a logon group (SMLG), with the same name, for bw load purposes. That means mostly background and dialog processes, with less number of end-user logons, so I'm focusing in the Server Group configuration.

Now, the problem: Basically, the number of processes are not properly balanced. Servers 1 and 2 get about the 80% of the work, while other two, 3 and 4 just the other 20%.

I've been reading and investigating but most of the documentation refeers to the logon group load balancing algorithms in SMLG, by the setting of group-dependnet atribute "Ext. RFC-enabled", with it's corresponding "Fab.Typ" algorithm

What i want to know if it's there's a way to know that balancing algorithm/method it's being used in RZ12 rfc server groups, and how can I verify and even modify that behaviour.

I've been checking this notes:

Note 593058 - New RFC load balancing procedure

Note 1508504 - Load balancing in background processing

Also:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/a4/db833d4c47ea4ea1a9b7af3c535ff2/content.htm

Any suggestion or informacion will be gladly wellcomed. Dont hesitate in requesting me more detailed information.

Thanks in advance and regards.

Armando.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using load balancing in RFC connections as well ?

Thanks

Sunny