Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plan with class char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all QM Expert,

For PP-PI I have following Issue related to inspection plan ,

I want to create Inspection plan which include MIC /sample Procedure .

MIC is assigned to class Char. (For Copy results to Batch)

But the problem is that For Material A,B,C,D,E I have common MIC like Purity ,Chemical composition But the tolerance is change

for every material For A it is 10-12,For B 25-28 .

I want to create a bdc for Inspection plan for this MIC is same for all material but parameters will be change .

if there is no class char assignment the above BDC is possible which I already tested .

But when I assigned with class Char .It does not allow to input the upper & lower limit for this MIC.

Please Guide Me How to resolve this prblm .

Material Dia

A 10-12

B 25-30

C 30-36

Regards

AAdi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AAdi,

Before assigning class charactreistic to MIC, In the class characteristic maintain Value assignment-single value, Data type- numeric, and in the Values tab maintain a value range which should cover the parameter range of your MICs.

Please try and revert.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Sep 6, 2011 11:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have maintained all the parameters .in MIC & class Char i am not giving Lower & upper(* I will update it at the time of Inpn plan creation.

Even I tested it for material specification ,It is working fine (In material master I maintained the class &

input the upper & lower limit there i.e For material A dia 10-12 ,material B dia 20.5-30.5 etc )

but I want to assign diff .sample procedue MIC wise which is not possible in QS61(mat specification).

any IDEA ?

Material A B C D

Diameter 10-12 cm 45-48cm 12-15cm 3.0-4.0cm

Regards

AAdi

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AAdi,

Your initial post said

"But the problem is that For Material A,B,C,D,E I have common MIC like Purity ,Chemical composition But the tolerance is change

for every material For A it is 10-12,For B 25-28 .I want to create a bdc for Inspection plan for this MIC is same for all material but parameters will be change"

Now you say

"I have maintained all the parameters .in MIC & class Char i am not giving Lower & upper(* I will update it at the time of Inpn plan creation."

So i understand that you have maintained all parameters in MIC in spite of having different ranges. The current problem is you want to assign diff .sample procedue MIC wise which is not possible in QS61(mat specification).

Is my understanding correct ?

Regards

Sm

Edited by: Sm on Sep 6, 2011 11:41 AM

Edited by: Sm on Sep 6, 2011 11:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks For response ,

"I have maintained all the parameters -means the parameters related to class char like Data type-Numeric,

Number of Chars 4

Decimal Places 2

Unit of Measure GAU etc.

But I have not Filled the Values ,i.e.it is blank ,I will fill it at the time of Inspction plan creation Like For Mat-A it is 12-15,

For mat B it is 20-30 etc .& also I want to assign sample procedure MIC wise .

I thinnk u understand the requirement .

Regards

AAdi

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AAdii,

What i advised was to maintain a range in the Value tab of the class characteristic and then assign it to MIC and then try maintaining the upper and lower limits of the MIC. You were not being able to do it earlier as you said. I want to know whether you have maintained the range in the class characteristic and checked whether now the MICs are accepting upper and lower values though they have class characteristic assignment.

Can you confirm please?

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

I am not maintaining Limits in MIC & class Char. it is blank (* I wanted to use same MIC to different material Like diameter for Material A-10-12 Cm ,For materia B it will be 20-25 cm ,if I maintain it in MIC or Class Char. ,I can not use the same MIC to diff materials (*incomlete copy model -we can change limits at the time of inspn plan creatn ).

I think u can understand the scenario.

Regards

AAdi

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AAdi,

What message are you getting when trying to assign sampling procedures to the MICs ?

For a material in QS61, the sampling procedures assigned to 2 different MICs must be consistent, for example you cannot have one sampling procedure without inspection points and another with sample management.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Sep 6, 2011 2:35 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If, as you say you are doing, you maintained the values in the materail master in the classificaiotn viee, then you do not need to maintain the upper and lower specs in the inspection plan at all. Leave the MIC locked in the inspection plan as a reference copy MIC.

Maintain the "normal" or most common spec range in the class. Make sure you click on "additional values".

In the materail master, in the classification view, maintain the material's spec IF different than the general class spec.

Maintain QS61, (material specification).

Create your plan.

If you have is set up right, the spec range will be copied from the Material master. If no spec range found, it will copy it from the batch class.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

thanks for reply ,

I have tested the diff. limits for diff material for 1 MIC it is working ,but I not able to assign sample procedure to MIC in material specification ,It is not allowing (*IN CONTROL indicator sample procedure is activated for the MIC ) .

please guide me to assign sample procedure in material specification (QS61)

Regards

AAdi

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi AAdi,

For cotrol indicator triggered sampling procedure please see the following link

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/2d/350fff448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Regards

Sm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sam

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically we add the sampling procedure in the inspection plan. Not in QS61. But if you can meet your requirements by not using inspection plans that is great.

FF

Answers (0)