cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Authorizations and the Default Positions (999999999)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there,

Our client has implemented structural authorizations and we are experiencing a problem. We have converted a number of terminated and retired employees into the default position and as a result, there is no Org unit indicated in I0001 - Organizational assignment.

When we switched on Structural Authorizations, and assigned PD profiles, the terminated and retired EE's in the default positions do not appear to anyone who has a PD profile - because they are not in an org unit. This is not a problem for active employees who have terminated or retired and are in position 99999999, because their organizational unit still remains in I0001 - Organizational Assignment.

Another factor at this client is that there are two Org Unit root organizatinoal units - one for the company organizational hierachy and another structure for their customers.

Any advise on how to allow the HR and Payroll departments to have access to the converted terminated or retired employees (who are in the Default position with no org unit assignment) as well as access to the root organizational unit that is the org hierachy while limited access to the root org that is for their customers?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. We are on ECC 6.0 EHP4 (going to 5).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is also posted on that forum as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathryn,

Allowing users to access HR employees in the default org unit is based on configuration. Go to transaction OOAC. Within that transaction, look specifically at the line item 'DFCON' (HR: Default Position (Context)). There are four possible values... 1 - 4.

You can read the SAP Help on the configuration options at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/56/db5bc71a64c94f9f2e3cb63e14c867/content.htm.

Obviously with any configuration, it is recommended to implement in development and transport to QA and production. Throughout the transport process, you should test security to confirm the results are as desired.

Regards,

Joe Klein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathryn,

I hope this question should be posted in the Security forum.

Regards,

Raghu