cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner function determination in connetion with customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new at SAP-SD, I have been studying partner determination, I understood the partner determination and partner function relationship, and also the assignment to the sales document, what I don't see is the relationship between the Partner determination procedure and the customer master data, is suppose to be the assignment of the partner determination procedure and the account group but I don't see the connection. For example if I go to the customer master, sales area button, Partner function tab, for some customers I can include some partner functions, in some other customers I can include some other partner functions depending on the partner determination procedure, as I said before I want to know how is the connection between partner function determination and the customer master data.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As u said:

1. You understood the partner determination and partner function relationship, and also the assignment to the sales document,

---> That is Partner determination will have the respected Partner functions and the Sales doc type will be assigned to the Partner Det proc containing those Partner functions.

2. You want to know how is the connection between PartnerFunction determination and the customer master data.

---> Suppose there is a Customer XYZ created with Account Group u2018Sold-Tou2019.

Now,

1.A set of Partner functions are assigned to a particular Partner determination proc

2. The Partner determination proc will be assigned to the Account group.

Your question is answered thru the following assignment:

(Account group assignment with the Partner function), different customers created with its respected Account groups will have respected Partner functions depending on the assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rianka,

thanks for going to my point, the account group is assigned to the customer when the customer is created, I didn't see this obvious link, just to close this threat, where can I see the group account after a customer is created, I checked all the tabs in customer master data but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get the mapping of account group to the customer from KNA1 table.

Also inside general data of the customer master, please navigate to the menu Extras --> Administrative data (or Shift+F8)

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Edited by: Gomatheeswaran Palaniappan on Sep 8, 2011 10:38 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

>

> I am new at SAP-SD, I have been studying partner determination, I understood the partner determination and partner function relationship, and also the assignment to the sales document, what I don't see is the relationship between the Partner determination procedure and the customer master data, is suppose to be the assignment of the partner determination procedure and the account group but I don't see the connection. For example if I go to the customer master, sales area button, Partner function tab, for some customers I can include some partner functions, in some other customers I can include some other partner functions depending on the partner determination procedure, as I said before I want to know how is the connection between partner function determination and the customer master data.

>

> Thanks

1st will create account group

2 Partner determination procedure

and number ranges then will create customer with req partner functions.

while creating customer/partner inputs will give account group there u can find what are the req fields to create customer

number ranges will guide you internal no or external no can use and

now sales area data this customer authorized to do the transactions in that particular sales org/dis.cha/div.

coming to the sales document in the initial screen we need to give sales area data this is the relation once in the header u enter

partner no whole data related to that partner will copy .

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For example if I go to the customer master, sales area button, Partner function tab, for some customers I can include some partner functions, in some other customers I can include some other partner functions depending on the partner determination procedure, as I said before I want to know how is the connection between partner function determination and the customer master data.

The link is present in partner determination. There is a step on the left pane "Partner determination procedure assignment". Here is the place where we assign the PDProc to customer account group.

During partner determination, we assign partner functions to PDproc and account group respectively. If we do in the following order, you can understand it clearly. IMG path: SD>Basic functions> Partner determination > Set up partner determination > Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master

1. Partner functions

2. Account group - function assignment

3. Partner determination procedures > Partner functions in procedure

4. Partner determination procedure assignment

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio

One customer can have a different roles, depends upon the roles and responsibilities of the customer partner functions are defined.

If his role is sold to party he is the one who actually order the goods

To each partner function determined what is the role of customer whether he is SP, SH, BP, PY or he could be alone SH, BP, or alone he could be a SH depends upon the partner functions determined that particular u201Caccount groupu201D the system will determine the partner function.

So we have to assign what are partner functions allowed for the particular account group

In partner determination procedure

u201CAccount groups u2013 Function assignmentu201D save it

Example:

SP-Z001

SH-Z001

BP-Z001

PY-Z001

This is just partner function assignment to account group now go to u201CPartner determination procedure assignmentu201D

Here assign procedure to account group

Example: account group (z001) u2013partner determination procedure (AG-sold to party)

If you click on partner function in procedure below step of partner determination procedure different partner functions allowed for the partner determination procedure

In that two check boxes represents

u201CNot modifiableu201D-After entry partner can no longer be changed in document

Here u201CSPu201D can no longer be changed but others can be changed

And select u201Cmandatoryu201D partner functions required

Save it, this will complete the partner determination procedure for customer master.

Possible errors:

With out customer number in against partner function in sales area tab you want to save the customer It will through error message the u201CData is incompleteu201D

Suppose if you enter any number in number coloum in partner function section in sales area tab again it will through error message that

u201CCustomer xxxx is not defined for function SP Table (TPAKD)u201D

revert back if you have any query

Regards,

Krishna.

Edited by: kris_hna on Sep 6, 2011 6:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am new to SAP SD, going for a course and yet to complete it. I just tried to do some dummy implementation from my home. I followed the same procedure what you people advised in the above. But I still can't get the Parter Function automatically.

I created Account Group--> Assigned Number Ranges and Linked the number ranges to Account Group. and created Partner Function. But when I'm trying to create Customer Master Data in XD01, I still can't find Partner Function.

The same way only I followed in my centre, I didn't face any issue there.

So pls help me to get through it as I struck up for long time and unable to proceed further.

Thanks for your advise in Advance

Regards

Mohan.S