cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound characteristics in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I can't use compound characteristics ( in case of Material , for example) , how can I have different value for atributtes that depends on organizational levels? Such as MRP Type or Materials group?

Thanks in advanced!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In few of my projects the same problem we have handled by introducing a new characteristic in the CVC which will be derived by concatenating the product and sales org. This characteristic we will not use for planning purpose and will only be used for maintaing those attributes which are product and sales org specific.For example say one SKU P1 is a new sku in sales org S1 but the same SKU is selling from a long time in Sales org S2. suppose we have an attribute NPI(New product introduction) .In this case the NPI will be X for new characteristic for sales org S1 and blank for S2.

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate your requirement? I could not understand it correctly. If possible, give some example.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Of course.

I have two different sales org. I need to use Material Pricing group as an atribut in Demand Planning (for agregattion , selection,..so on) but I have different values for the same Material depending on the sales org. I'm using a compound characteristic CMATER for materials in order to be able to have different values of this atribute depending on the sales org (As we do in BW) . Now I guees I can't use it, so the question is, how can I manage to do it if I can't do it this way? You konw what I mean?

Example: Material A- Sales Org. 1000- Material pricing grp.01

Material A- Sales Org. 2000- Material pricing grp. 02

Thank you for your quickly answer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virginia,

I don't understand yet what your problem is. Have you read the online help about how compound characteristics are integrated into the Planning Area?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/ea/39a64281c611d5b3e50050dadfb23f/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following thread about compound characteristics -

So, Compound characteristics are not supported in DP. For your issue, you use simple characteristics for Material and Sales org. For sales org. characteristic, you can maintain Material pricing grp as the navigational attribute. Then based on the Material pricing grp, you can do selection and aggregation in Planning book.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked with DP Planning area having Compound Characteristic in my previous project. But to my surprise, when we had opened a OSS msg to resolve some issue with our DP planning area, SAP informed us Compound Characteristics are not supported with APO Demand Planning and they will not be able to support this message. Fortunately we could resolve that matter ourselves. I suggest you please verify and confirm this point again and plan accordingly. If others has similar experience they can comment as well.

I think Manimaran has valid point. You can handle this requirement by creating Naviation Attribute as Material pricing grp to Sales Org Characterisics.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but if I mantain Material Pricing Group as a navigational attribute for Org. Sales, how can I manage to have two different values for different materials?

F.Ex:

Materials A Org. Sales 1000: Material pricing Group 01

Material A Org. Sales 2000: Material pricing Group 02

Material B Org. Sales 1000: Material pricing Group 03

Thanks in advance!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virginia,

I am not sure I understand your question.

Exactly what are you trying to analyze? Sales orders? Doesn't the source where you are getting your key figures also have your Material Pricing Group in the data?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to analyse deliveries...I will need all these attributes for DP (For Selections basically):

Ext. Matl Group

Material group

Cross-Plant Material Status

ABC indicator

MRP Type

MaterialGroup 1

MaterialGroup 2

MaterialGroup 3

MaterialGroup 4

MaterialGroup 5

Mat. Grp from MVK

Material type

Material group

Some of them depends on Material, others on Material-Center and others on Material-Org. Sales.

I'm configuring my infocube in the RSA1. In detail:

Simple Characteristics (appart from APO Planning version, Calendar year-month..):

Distribution Chanel

Division

Plant

Sales Org.

Key figure:

0DLV_QTY

Material

As Navigation Attributes of Material:

Ext. Matl Group

Material group

Cross-Plant Material Status

ABC indicator

MRP Type

MaterialGroup 1

MaterialGroup 2

MaterialGroup 3

MaterialGroup 4

MaterialGroup 5

Mat. Grp from MVK

Material type

Material group

But then, o don't konw how to specify different values for each of them depending of Plant or Org-Sales...is it's the case.

Firsty I used a Compounded Characteristic for Material, but then I knew it was not supported in DP.

Sorry for being so stubborn, but I don't know yet how to get it solved.

Thank you everybody for your help!

martin_renardy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we are using Compounded Characteristic within our APO DP implementation. In fact SAP is "strongly recommends against the use of compound characteristics" because of perfromance problems. But because of the same reasons you have mentioned we are using them!

The only way to avoid Compounded Characteristic is to generate different characteristic combinations for example fpr every plant material combination:

material 4711 | plant A | keyfigure

material 4711 | plant B | keyfigure

An other option is to concaternate the key parts material plant into one characteristic value:

material + plant -> matplant

4711 A 4711_A

We decided that Compounded Characteristics are a valid technology within BW and we are using a couple of them without trouble.

Martin

Edited by: Martin Renardy on Sep 9, 2011 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I see but the problem of using Compounded Characteristics is that Like Profils doesn't work...have you been able to solve this? How?

Thanks!

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not come across any issue with Life Cycle Planning dur to usage of Compound Characteristic in Planning Area. What is the issue you are facing with Life Cycle Planning ?

Thanks

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we try to use a Compounded Characteristic in defining basic settings for Life Cycle, the systems displays an error that says: 'Characteristic C_MATER can not be used, it is compounded.'

Thanks!!

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virginia,

Yes, In Basic Settings you cannot have compound characteristics while configuring Life Cycle Planning. But work around for this to have another characteristics in PA which can do the trick.

Example -

MATERIAL - Product Charact.

MATCUST - which is Material + Customer forms my Compound Charactristic.

CUSTOMER - Customer.

You can define Basic setting with MATERIAL and CUSTOMER, this should take care of your requirement.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a similar situation where my client has a requirement to segment two characteristics , to enable the Automatic Statistical Forecasting without creating the selection Id's. Will concatenating help me resolve this issue? And also how can I show the new characteristic in the Planning area.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sai

Edited by: st.sapscm on Sep 13, 2011 1:07 PM

Edited by: st.sapscm on Sep 13, 2011 1:27 PM

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Your question is not clear, Please elaborate what you find similar with this issue and what is the requirement you have from Business?

Please elaborate on this sentence - "to enable the Automatic Statistical Forecasting without creating the selection Id's."

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry... the issue is that

We have a GAP for Demand Planning that is about u201CSEGMENTATION through COMPOUND ATTRIBUTESu201D

Follows some details of this GAP:

We have characteristics such as NSV, ABC, Customer, etc. We would like to segemnt them in order to have easy access for the users instead of making the selection ID's.

One idea is to use Compound Attributes or to concatenate two characteristics. If I concatenate how can I see them in the planning area? If I concatenate does this create additional CVC's?

Edited by: st.sapscm on Sep 14, 2011 9:48 AM