cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC Scenario - Not working with AAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a File to RFC Scenario (calling RFC /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT) using AAE but it is failing with following error in PI .

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>

Adapter Framework caught exception: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>.

But When I run the same scenario using IE instead of AAE, it is successful from PI. So probably there is nothing wrong in RFC channel configuration.

There's an OSS note-730870 on this error ,it says the XML document sent to RFC Adapter may not be RFC-XML but as I am using AAE, payload generated after technical routing cannot be viewed.

Could you all please suggest why this error is coming and solution for the same?

Thanks,

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the SAP Note 730870

Check whether your RFC has Commit Work statement at the last.

Regards,

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,Monica,

Thanks for your help, I checked this SAP note its question 16 do describe my problem but do not provide solution and as I am using AAE it does not allows me to see the target structure generated whereas if I use IE the target structure generated is sucessfully getting posted.

Also, the functional module is present in target system. I have reimported the RFC also.

Is there some AAE related configuration required to enable AAE with RFC which could be missing?

This is what I get in log as the RFC reciever is called..

06.09.2011 14:15:31 Information MP: entering1

06.09.2011 14:15:31 Information MP: processing local module localejbs/RfcAFBean

06.09.2011 14:15:31 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>

06.09.2011 14:15:31 Error Adapter Framework caught exception: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>

06.09.2011 14:15:31 Error Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>.

Thanks,

Ankit

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since your scenario is async to sync scenario, you might have to use requestresponse bean and one way response bean module to achieve this. AAE does not support BPM. I dont see any problem related to RFC channel parameters.

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soni,

I too have faced similar kind of situation when using AAE for File to RFC scenario...

In The Integration Configuration use Non-Operation Specific instead of Operation Sepcific and this should solve your prob...

Can you check once and confirm back...

Thanks and Regards,

Sridhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for help,

Yes Sridhar, It is working fine after selecting "Non Operation-Specific" in Reciever's Tab.

Thanks,

Ankit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File adapter is Asynch / RFC is sync. How is this scenario configured in AAE? You should be using a BPM or the RequestResponse bean etc.

Have you done the latter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Bhavesh,

You need to use a Sync/Async Bridge in a BPM for this type of scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you have given the configuration parameters like

System No:

server

etc

correctly in the RFC receiver adapter

XI is trying to post the data trought the RFC adapter but the it is not able to find the reciver. you are creating this CC in the R/3 Busniess system right?

Check Under Business System Service-> Adapter Specific Identifiers. The R/3 System ID and the client Number ) with the configuration of the BS in SLD ( CLNT).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Parameters for RFC channel are correct as the same scenario is working with same channel when I am not using Advance Adapter Engine.

Thanks,

Ankit

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go though below link i hope this will help you.

Monica