Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logical plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario for bulk processing .

Suppose i have a plant in Bangalore and delivery location is in Mumbai . Customer in Mumbai don't have any warehouse to store this bulk delivery . How can I resolve this issue by creating logical plant ?

Regards,

Pranshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Suppose i have a plant in Bangalore and delivery location is in Mumbai . Customer in Mumbai don't have any warehouse to store this bulk delivery .

Your delivery location is Mumbai, means you want to send your material to Mumbai where your Customer belongs. So if you create a Logical Plant at Mumbai, it means you want to do the STO from Bangalore to Mumbai, and then sale your material from Mubai Plant, in this case instead of CST, VAT will be chanrged to Customer, and for doing this you must have Registered your Plant under the Sales Tax law, which I feel is not the case.

So think twice before creating Mumbai as Logical Plant.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

Point understood .

But I cant do partial delivery here too , So what could be the best possible solution here ?

Regards,

Pranshu

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please provide detail Business Process, like why you can not do the Partial Billing.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

being bulk processing , its combined order as the customer dont want to spend much on transportation logistics everytime .

Process is like - they order in bulk - 1000 PC of Type . But they only consume 10 per month , and they dont have ware house too . Bulk give them huge dicsounts . Now where I am stuck is how to do this without logical plant

Regards,

Pranshu

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

being bulk processing , its combined order as the customer dont want to spend much on transportation logistics everytime .

Process is like - they order in bulk - 1000 PC of Type . But they only consume 10 per month , and they dont have ware house too . Bulk give them huge dicsounts . Now where I am stuck is how to do this without logical plant

To take the discount benefit Customer gave you Bulk Order, however due to lack of Warehouse he can not take the entire material at one go.

But how can he save the Transportation Cost since everytime you will have to send him small material, or if you send the material in bulk then ask the Customer to take a warehouse of his own. Transportation part is due to Business Process and need some change management.

You can tackle the discount part using the Rebate Process.

You may also check the Consignment Sale Process if it suits your requirement.

Check the forum for both these processes.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Answers (0)