cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing Planned Order to one resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In the factory i work for , while producing a product we have to prepare inputs of the next product in front of the machine which takes long time.But when i run the optimizer , APO takes planned order of the next production to the other available machines.What can i do to prevent this sitution or how can i fix the planned order to that machine without changing routing?But i mean not time fix , fixing a planned order to only one specific machine in the machine groupe that routing includes.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using PPDS optimizer?

If yes and your requirement is to retain the selected resource and avoid order getting rescheduled to alternative resource you can use setting in the optimizer profile

Go to expert setting tab and select relevant check box under heading fix modes when scheduling.

Correct me if my understanding of problem is wrong.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Santos

Yes i use PPDS optimizer and our all resources are single activity resources.Let me explain my problem with an example.There are 8 resources in one resource group.Every resource has only one production order(that are fixed automaticly while converting) which is being processed and some planned orders.While producing a material , employer prepares one of the next planned order's input(sequence of the planned order is not important).And when i re-schedule that resource group with the optimizer , optimizer changes the resource of the planned order whose input is prepared.I want to fix only the relevant(i mean the planned order whose input is prepared)planned order to that resource.Not the other planned orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No there is no such functionality to fix the resource for a planned order. You can firm operation of particular order ofcourse it will firm dates as well as resource for the order which you donot want.

There is badi available by which you can modify input data to optimizer may be you can ignore one planned order but I feel it is not right solution

May I know Why you donot want to fix it with respect to date as you already know this planned order will be the next order to be executed. or convert this planned order also to process order....

Regards,

Santosh