cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 request storage unit during TO confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I bump into an obstacle while perform TO confirmation.

During TO confirnmation, there is one screen requesting me to key in the storage unit.

I tried to put in some of the storage unit from the the search screen (i.e. the little round shape next to the field), but system don't allow.

May I know how to handle this?

Do I need to create a new storage unit and put in to this field during TO confirmation?

thanks

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tuffy,

If you have created a t.o. for delivery pick in IM/WM managed location then the pick from bin is showing already in the t.o. correct?

Confirmation in LT12 requires that you enter the SU that is sitting in the bin you want to pick from, this is to be sure you are picking the correct stock for the delivery.

Use LX03 and enter the bin that is showing in the transfer order, there you will see the correct SU to enter into LT12 for confirmation. Simply paste that SU in LT12 and confirmation should work OK for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1 - I am managed to select correct source storage unit and enter into the Confirmation screen (i.e. Confirm Block Storage TO item: Enter Storage Units). However, I don't understand why SAP want me to enter a Destination Storage Unit? I am stuck here as I don't know what to put in.

Can you please help..

thanks

Tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained a number range for your delivery document HU?

What is the exact error message the system is giving you if you enter no HU number?

I assume you cannot press enter to move past the message?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this message "or stocks from HU storage locations can be managed" is because the amount of the storage unit is greater than the amount of picking, the solution is:

spro-> logistic General -> handling units -> basic-> warehouse management-> Control automatic pick HU creation.

this allows confirmation in LT12, will automatically generate a HU, and there can select the lower HU

REGARDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering why are you getting the storage unit error on TO confirmation and not at the TO creation.

the error means the SUT chcek is active in the storage type you are trying to put the goods and so its mandatory that you provide one SU in TO.

Can you check the setting of the storage type in the config. whethere the SUT check is active or not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually if you have to enter the storage unit, it's because you are picking from bulk storage and the SU is not known until TO confirmation. So you need to pick an SU that matches exactly what you are trying to pick (ie. material, batch, qty are the same). If you are only partially picking an SU, then you need I guess to say what the repack quantity will be. For example, if the SU has 100 PC and you are confirming 10 on then TO, then the repack amount will be 90. Can you please check that what you are picking on the SU matches the TO. If so, when you confirm it, are you getting an error? If you are getting an error, what's the code and the error message that is issued?

Regards,

Sinéad Curran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sinéad, and other,

Ok this is how I bump into the error (in between, my WM knowledge has not reach the Storage Unit yet).

I have created a TO for picking from a delivery order via VL02N's menu screen (i.e. movement type 601). Next, I perform a TO confirmation in LT12, and when I click the "Confirm Internally" button, R/3 jumps to this screen requesting the following two data:

1- Storage unit

<< I tried to assign some randomly existing SU unit to this field but R/3 complaint "Storage unit 00157032650003548391 does not exist Message no. L3209">>

2- Destination Storage Unit

<< I tried to assign some randomly existing SU unit to this field but R/3 complaint "Target handling unit 157032650000046104 is not assigned to TO 0000353991 Message no. L3822">>

I just don't know how to proceed now as without the confirmation there is no picking (i.e. as the actual quantity field in the LT12 screen still empty) and there is a problem on PGI later on my delivery.

Please teach me how to proceed when encounter above obstacles.

thanks

tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to check that you're picking the correct storage unit, is to goto transaction LS24 and enter the warehouse number, material you are picking, plant, storage location and the source storage type and storage bin on the TO. All available quants / SU's should be listed. Pick one from this list that matches the quantity on the TO and try to add this on the SU selection screen. You shouldn't get the error if you pick an available SU that you can see in LS24.

Regards,

Sinéad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

That is a good suggestion, however, I hits the following error message when I pick one of the SU in LS24.

No stocks from HU storage locations can be managed on SU 00000000008000000441

Message no. L3804

all the SU I picked all bumped into above error message.

Can you help?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you run report RLTREORG2 in transaction SE38 for the warehouse and the storage type, are inconsistencies for the storage units displayed? If yes, you will need to open a message for SAP to get the data corrected.

Regards,

Sinéad