cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically close open inbound deleveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question around how to automatically close inbout deliveries that are open.

We GR against the P.O or the outbound delivery. An inbound delivery is created automatically on PGI of outbound delivery so we see the goods in transit in APO.

I don;t want the system to have 000's of open inbound deliveries so does anyone know how I can set so these clear automatically?

Rgds,

Gomie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get the open inbound deliveries from VL06I transaction.To delete open inbound deliveries you can use LSMW  transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We know what the inbound deliveries are. We do not want to delete them.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then we would suggest develop a BDC as per your requirements then close the inbound delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP offers this program to close deliveries:

program SHIP_DELIVERY_COMPLETE

transaction: VL_COMPLETE

Currently having the same issue with the same setup. Seems like SAP at the moment does not have a solution for this...

former_member631463
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gomie,

Rather than closing the created inbound delivery, I would suggest restrict system from creating the inbound delivery out of outbound delivery. Inbound delivery gets created from outbound delivery thru' output type "SPED". Please delete / remove the output condition record (Tcode VV22) for the delivery type or the given least affected criteria and you can get rid of creation of inbound delivery.

If the created inbound deliveries are less in number you can delete them thru' VL32N or you can use LSMW for delete no of deliveries.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for the response. However I need the inboud deliveries to be created in order to see the stock in transit in APO. So I will need to continue to crerate them. However the issue is how do I close these open inbound deleveries.

Is there any way to set the sytem to close these off?

Rgds,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gomie,

Have you tried the mark Document Flow Update from the path Logistics Execution – Shipping - Basic Shipping Functions - Configure Global Shipping Data in the ERP system? It did wonders for me regarding the closing of the Inbound Delivery status.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

We have this setting switched on, but does it does not provide the solution. This is a specific issue with regards to using the SPED output to trigger the automatic inbound delivery + having to post the GR on the PO with reference to the outbound delivery.