cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run server migration for SCM 7.0 server & SCM 7.0 LiveCache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running the SCM 7.0 system with dedicated LiveCache system.

SCM System: IBMXserver-Windows2003, DB2

LiveCache System: IBMXserver-Windows 2003, MaxDB

And We have to migrate SCM system & LiveCache to HP server without change hostname and IP Address.

This is case of Homogeneous system copy but I don't know is that mean we have to do homogenous copy for SCM system & LiveCache system separately?

Could you give me some comment?

Thanks

I hope hear from you all,.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

CK Chai

Edited by: choon keet chai on Sep 5, 2011 4:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Choon keet

1. Please read the SAP notes:

886103 System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM

632357 Backing up liveCache data for SCM 4.0 or higher

457425 Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore

If you have additional questions on the SCM system copy steps relevant to liveCache

=> create the SAP message to the component BC-DB-LVC

2. Please pay attention to Reason and Prerequisites section in "457425 Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore" SAP note.

Homogenous liveCache copy using backup/restore supported for liveCache is NOT supported, for example, if you run:

Change from Win X86_64 to HP-UX IA64 (HP-IPF)

Change from Win IA64 to WIN X86_64

Change from Win X86_64 to Win IA64

=> post more details on OS of the source and target liveCache servers.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chai,

As far as I understand that you are planning to run SCM 7.0 and Live cache on the differents host with the new hardware. If it is correct, you can perform a homogenous copy on the SCM 7.0 side. Then, backup your live cache database and restore it, on the newly installed Live cache server. At the end of the respective system copy operation, the system should be able to run without any problem.

I hope that it is clear.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun Gedik,

Thanks.

Yes,We are planning to run SCM 7.0 and Live cache on the differents host with the new hardware.

Step1) -So perform a homogenous copy on the SCM 7.0 side. ---> This is clear. No problem.

Step2) - Then, backup your live cache database and restore it, on the newly installed Live cache server. --> Have you try this before? The system copy guide says backup/restore for MAXDB is not for Livecache server.

My understanding is run the sapinst at the new target system. Treat it as new installation, same DBSID & SAPSID.

After the sapinst completed then only restore the backup data.

Thanks.

Regards,

Choon keet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choon,

>> Step2) - Then, backup your live cache database and restore it, on the newly installed Live cache server. --> Have you try >> this before? The system copy guide says backup/restore for MAXDB is not for Livecache server.

>> My understanding is run the sapinst at the new target system. Treat it as new installation, same DBSID & SAPSID.

>> After the sapinst completed then only restore the backup data.

Yes, I tried. I completed homogenous SAP system copy, first. Then, installed MAXDB to the new system. Finally, restored the MAXDB to the newly installed server.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik