Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SAP JRA FUNCTION and SAP JRA FUNCTION CALL

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I'm trying to use SAP JRA to call BAPIs/RFC's and I'd like to know the difference between SAP JRA FUNCTION and SAP JRA FUNCTION CALL.

Also, I'd like to know how to use SAP JRA FUNCTION, I mean, how do I link or configure the JRA START SESSION for this SAP JRA FUNCTION CALL? And what I should do so the JRA FUNCTION action block can build the request structure?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

by the way, Im using SAP MII 12.1.8.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

I just opened an MII workbench (12.1.8.30) and can only see the SAP JRA FUNCTION in the SAP JRA folder. Where do you see SAP JRA FUNCTION CALL?

Regards,

Mike

ManoelCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Michael,

This is what I can see: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/capturadetela20110906s0.png/

I'm using function call, what is working properly, but I'm importing some transactions from another project that uses JRA Function to a new MII server and JRA Functions do not work, I can't configure the action block.

What's the difference? If Function Call is working properly, can I use it or it will be deprecated or something?

Please note that the JRA Function has a different icon and Function Call has the same icon of the other action blocks.

I'm really confused with this!

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoel,

I would guess that someone has been customizing action blocks. I suspect that the name Function Call is the one to use, but since the modified one (Icon like Message Services action blocks) has the proper name, the BAPI/RFC are probably being executed from that one instead of the original name one. So when you try to import the transactions, it is pointing to an action block which does not exist.

I would figure out whose modifications generated the custom action block. I also would suggest they don't swap a custom action block in for standard, but don't know their circumstances. But usually that is not a good policy.

Regards,

Mike

Another thought is to look at the underlying xml from the exported transactions. You will most likely see the reference to the FUNCTION CALL action blocks in the xml. You might be able to manually search and replace those references with the standard FUNCTION action block, but without knowing the modifications done, it might not work. NOTE: This is not what I would call a good practice, but it sometimes gives insight into a problem. And don't reformat the xml, it will hose up the transction.

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Sep 6, 2011 2:37 PM