cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM 1:N split into different service interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, just a quick question about multimapping scenarios.

If I want to make a 1:N message split in BPM I should use a transformation step and specify a multiline container element to get the result of the transformation. That multiline container element is bound to a single message type so, If I want to split my incoming interface into different service interfaces (based on different message types), how can I handle that in BPM? Or is it just not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very common and simple requirement. No need for BPM

Add two receiver interface in Interface determination

Create two mapping program.

First Mapping: Source to Target1

Second Mapping: Source to Target2

So for every message will be routed to two different interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debashish Roy, I think your suggestion would only work for a "static" scenario where the original message is split into fixed number of parts. That's not what I have in mind, but a dynamically split into multiple parts (messages) with 0-n occurrences each defined in mapping. So I don't think your suggestion would do it but I think you'd need enhanced interface determination.

Anyway, I know you can make it without BPM, but I want specifically to know how to make that in BPM. To force the scenario into BPM let's say it is a N:M multi mapping where the BPM collects n input messages bundles them and then splits them into multiple messages with occurrence 0:n. If the resultant messages belong to different message types, how do you get the result of the needed transformation step in the BPM?

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case you have to create Multiple container for Individual message Type.

In mapping signature tab add different message types.

Target1

Target2

In BPM cretate two container by using Target1 and Target 2 abstract interface

When you select the particular Operation Mapping in Transform step then it will ask for multiple target messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please could you elaborate on how to bind all those container elements to the transformation step? It is possible to specify more than one container element for the resulting messages of the transformation step?

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to specify more than one container element for the resulting messages of the transformation step

Its possible.

In operation mapping in IR if you add 3 interfaces in Target side and the same mapping if you select in BPM transform step then it will ask for three contaner.

Create 3 contaneir.

Select type as Abstract Interface.

Then select individual interface in those containers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debashish Roy, I hadn't read last part of your previous reply when I wrote my answer.

So it is not only possible but mandatory to specify more than one container if the operation mapping result in different message types. Thanks for your help Case closed then.

Thank you very much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos