cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract creation at Building level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a RE contract at BU level, for this i have assigned IB value at necessary contract type and system is permitting the assignment of BU in RE contract, but when I go on saving the contract system throws the error that Rental object does not exist.

The error code is RECAAP061.

Any inputs on how to correct the error and create a contract at BU level?

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I am wondering that you get the error that the rental object does not exist although you have not assigned a rental object at all.

Is there also an object number shown in the error message? If yes, does it refer to a rental object or is it the number of the building that you assigned?

In general it is possible to create contracts that have no rental objects assigned, it only depends on the settings for the contract type used.

Which type of contracts are concerned (lease-in, lease-out, internal or external)?

Which contract reference is assigned in customizing for the contract type?

Regards,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Franz, following are the answers for your queries:

1. Yes error provides the object number. In error though it speaks about rental object, but the number it picks is the one of building I have assigned in the contract.

2. In my scenario, I have a BU which has some rental objectcs as well. We have created seperate contract types for ROs of such BU and a seperate contract type for BU.

3. I have tried both Lease in and Lease out contracts and I am getting same error in both cases.

4. The contract reference is 0036 - General Real Estate Contract

Regards

Rohit

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

could you please check if there is a customer specific BAdI implementation active that might be responsible for this error message (especially any implementations for BADI_RECN_CONTRACT).

Please check also the details in customizing for the contract type under the path: RE-FX - Contract - Contract Type - Define Contract Types and tell me which value for the field 'Contract Reference' is set there.

Thanks.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

The reference set in Contract type is 099 - Other Reference.. However, I have already tried the contracts with options 1 & 2 as well..

Regards

Rohit

Edited by: RohitGoel on Sep 7, 2011 8:18 AM

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

thanks for the update. Do you have any BAdI implementations that might be responsible for the error message?

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

We are using a few validations for Z fields created as per requirement of the client. But have no where restricted the assignment of object at BU level..

Still I will get it checked once more..

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Though, I am still searching for the reason of the error, let me clear another doubt of mine for which I am testing this scenario..

Is it possible to create more than one active contracts at BU level, at same time..

Also, for creation of contract at BU level, is their any restriction regarding creation of Rental object below such BU. If yes, is there any SAP note, giving details on this ??

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some small clarifications:

1: Are you ticking informational in the terms tab. Should try with ticking it

2: Have you ticked the object assignment permiteed and dist assignment permitted in the config for assigning object to contract type.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

As offered objects are not exists for (BU)building, system will not check for availability of objects.

Allows you to create multiple contracts for same building at same intervals.

Further there will not be any issue in creating rental objects under that building, those can be leased out as usual.

rgds,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I believe it isn`t possible to create a contract without having a rental object assigned to it. For all of your contracts, you should first create the relevant rental objects and permit assignment of rental objects to RE contracts in Customizing.

Hope this helps!

KR,

Severina