Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Mgmt issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated batch Mgmt , Normal Cycle is working fine

But while i am doing the Return order Cycle at the time of PGR system is showing error like "The batches are not defined for delivery item 000010"

how to solve the issue and why is system is asking at the receiving the material from customer side ?

how to handle this case because i am new Batch Mgmt

Regards,

Anu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First do not put your own batch when return

If you are creating return sales then you should create with reference to original invoice

Make insure that when you creating with reference then in return order original batch should come, then process further

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.Kapil,

I have created Return order with Reference of Original Invoice

Make insure that when you creating with reference then in return order original batch should come

i am not sure how system will pick the batch at the time Return order is there any settings are required to acheive and where is the trigger , how system will retrive the batch number automatically

can you guide me

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In copy control Billing to sales by VTAF

at item level

Source billing Item Category - standard TAN

Target sales document item category proposal - standard REN

Copying requirements - 303 Always an item

DataT 153 Item from bill.doc.

DataT 104 Bill.bus.item data

DataT 004 Bill.item partner

Do not copy batch - NO TICK MARK

KAPIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Mr.Kapil,

I checked that T-Code related Copy control but what i found is why SAP is not provided Standard Copy control at the time of returns with Document Type RE and F2 (Billing type ) is there any Specific Reason ?

and also at the time of return order we are taking the reference Document is Original Billing Number but how system knows this material had this Batch number , is there any provision to see in the billing level item wise because i am using batch at Delivery level in normal Cycle so we picked batch at delivery level .

Suppose one material having diiferent batches and i picked one batch at the time of Delivery and raise the Billing document

at the time of Return how system knows based on signle setting like "Do not copy batch - NO TICK MARK " in the copy control

please calrify my doubts if am wrong please correct me

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In invoice batch is available

Go to item level and see top all information available

Item

Item category

Material

Batch

Hope it clarify

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Mr.Kapil,

At the time of Return Order my storage location is different ie CRSL and normal Cycle is BPSL

is it required to extended the material or any other way ?

how system by defalut will pick the storage location at the time of return order rather than selecting manually enduser is there any provision to achieve in SAP ?

is there any impact on BATCH because batch is maintained for the material with BPSL storage location ?

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it required to extended the material or any other way ?

Check weather it accepts in return delivery without extending, if not then extend

how system by defalut will pick the storage location at the time of return order rather than selecting manually enduser is there any provision to achieve in SAP ?

No don't have need to put manuaaly

is there any impact on BATCH because batch is maintained for the material with BPSL storage location ?

I think no impact

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Mr .kapil,

According my scenario we are raising Billing before Delivery that is the time Batch number should not flow

so it required to activate batch Mgmt at Sale order level ? otherwise i won't get any batch number in billing level

please guide me how to proceed

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please activate the Batch Mgt at order level,then make sure that same batch should copy into Delivery..Then raise return order with reference to invoice then system picks up batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For reply,

it is solved my problem with the help of Kapil answer and also i have one more issue

i will raise as a new Thread ok

Regards

Anu

Edited by: Anuradha_SD on Sep 8, 2011 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is solved my problem with the help of Kapil answer and also i have one more issue

i will raise as a new Thread ok

Regards

Anu

Edited by: Anuradha_SD on Sep 8, 2011 3:55 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hai Anuradha,

In return sales process,

Return sales order should be with reference with Invoice

and in sales order all the quantity should come with batch split.

In case in sales order if could nt find batches, then check

SPRO

S&D

Sales

Maintain Copy Control for Sales Documents

Copying Control: Billing Document to Sales Document

SalesDocType : ZRE

Billing Type :ZPI your invoice type

Click Item

Go to

TAN Standard Item

Ensure