SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on IDE Process : EXPUSAGE,IMPUSAGE & EXPMREAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Colleagues,

I have a query regarding IDE Data exchange processes EXPUSAGE,IMPUSAGE and EXPMREAD.

I have configured 2 clients in my system one as the Distributor System (lets say A) and the other as Supplier System (lets say B)

So in the System A I have configured the Data Ex Process EXPMREAD and EXPUSAGE.

I have used the standard data exchange format and basic type.

Data Exchange format VDEW_MSCONS

basic typeISU_VDEW_MSCONS

message type ISU_DISCRETE_USAGE_INFORMATION

function module for EXPMREAD ISU_COMPR_VDEW_MSCONS_MR_OUT

for EXPUSAGE ISU_COMPR_VDEW_MSCONS_USG_OUTN

In System B I have configured Data Ex Process IMPUSAGE with the same standard as described above.

Function module been ISU_COMPR_VDEW_MSCONS_USG_IN

Then I created master data in System A with devices and with the same configuration i created master data in System B with device info records.

the issue is that on the execution of billing the data ex process in System A(EXPMREAD & EXPUSAGE) is getting triggered and showing green status but in System B its coming as red with the data ex process IMPUSAGE. Error is 'no device data found for the specified parameters'.I even tried using master data in System B with devices but the same error comes.Can you please point out where I am going wrong.I have already tried debugging but then the error changes to 'Please enter meter reading or meter reading note for dev. ' even though the meter reading is present in the idoc.

Another question whats is the difference between EXPMREAD and EXPUSAGE except the fact that EXPMREAD should send the meter reading and EXPUSAGE should send the consumption.EXPUSAGE gets triggered when the Billing happens when does EXPMREAD gets triggered.

Also why isn't there an import data exchange for EXPMREAD ?

If anybody has worked with these data ex process do clarify

Thanks,

Rakesh..

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Are you using PoDs? Are you passing device number along with device category?

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

hi,

Yes I am using Pod Id and its the same in both the systems.

The register attributes are also passed in the idoc generated.

For device number and device category can you tell me the Segment Type in the Idoc that I should check because I cannot see them in the Idoc

Thanks,

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

Hi,

We do not use device / serial number during data exchange. Now, please let us know which segment you are passing meter reading / consumption? Is it E1VDEWQTY segment? Do you have decimal point in quantity field? Also, check if measure_unit_qualifier is populated.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes E1VDEWQTY is holding the meter reading data.

QUANTITY_QUALIFIER 67

QUANTITY 255.79

MEASURE_UNIT_QUALIFIER KWH

Thanks,

Rakesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Was doing the above as a learning process,still waiting for a resolution.

closing this as its been open for long time.

Thanks,

Rakesh..