cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Drop shipments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have a situation on SAP drop shipments, we are implementing a brand new SAP drop shipment process. We need to submit the entire project plan in 2 weeks so kindly provide suggestions as soon as possible

Assumptions are the client will not require any reports or perform data manipulation/ look-ups from SAP side. Covalentworks is our EDI provider who will be accountable to manipulate the master and transactional data in and out of SAP. The client wants the following output

1. Develop a custom item category for drop shipments

2. Once you plug in the specific item category into the SO and save it, we should be able to generate automatic PR and eventually purchase orders

3. The PO must have

a. The interface currently will only handle 1 SO with 1 line item, "to-be"- orders will be in multiple line items

b. The order relies on the plant to generate the ship-2- address. The order currently doesn't send shipment information (THIS IS A BIGGER ISSUE BECAUSE THIS INFORMATION CAN'T BE FOUND IN PO. WE MUST PULL THIS FROM THE SO) and shipping details (ship2 party) at item levels

c. The transaction currently does not send the carrier / FOB information

The PO should have

at Header level

a. SO number

b. SO. type / order status

c. Customer no

d. FOB details

at Line item level

a. Item code

b. Quantity

c. Transfer price

d. Comments

e.SHIP 2 CODE, name and address

4. This PO is sent to Covalentworks (EDI provider) who then ships the product to customer and invoices the client through SAP.

a. We need to way to match the invoice with the PO and

b. Trigger an automatic customer invoice

Please advise on this process on how do i go about with the implementation - Configuration, t-codes etc/ if you can help me personally kindly provide a contact information

Also please advise on what amount of work is this like time and what resources are needed (ABAP and functional side)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

CAN ANYONE HELP ME MAKE AN ESTIMATE OR GUIDE ME ROUGHLY HOW MANY MAN HOURS AND RESOURCES ARE NEEDED FOR NOW. THIS IS URGENT. I need to submit my estimates by this week, then I have couple of months for implementation, please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Develop a custom item category for drop shipments

Yes you can copy from standard item category TAS

2. Once you plug in the specific item category into the SO and save it, we should be able to generate automatic PR and eventually purchase orders

Currently once you save system will create PR, to generate P.O eventually for same PR you can consult with MM consultant they have this feature in PURCHASING

3. The PO must have

a. The interface currently will only handle 1 SO with 1 line item, "to-be"- orders will be in multiple line items

b. The order relies on the plant to generate the ship-2- address. The order currently doesn't send shipment information (THIS IS A BIGGER ISSUE BECAUSE THIS INFORMATION CAN'T BE FOUND IN PO. WE MUST PULL THIS FROM THE SO) and shipping details (ship2 party) at item levels

To send shipping notification to customer refer out put type SHIPPING NOTIFICATION, in application shipping and same can try to apply at sales order level

c. The transaction currently does not send the carrier / FOB information

If you mean to carrier/FOB as your transport vendor then add partner function as service agent and maintain in sales order

The PO should have

at Header level

a. SO number - Not at header

b. SO. type / order status - Not at header

c. Customer no - Not at header

d. FOB details -Not at header

at Line item level

a. Item code - Yes available in standard

b. Quantity - Yes available in standard

c. Transfer price - Yes available in standard

d. Comments - can

e.SHIP 2 CODE, name and address - - Yes available in standard at address tab

4. This PO is sent to Covalentworks (EDI provider) who then ships the product to customer and invoices the client through SAP. - When vendor ship material then he will send shipping notification to you

a. We need to way to match the invoice with the PO and - once - NA

b. Trigger an automatic customer invoice - Set in VF06

KAPIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

Thanks a lot, that helps

Can you please advise do I need Abaper's for doing this particular process? and what effort does it take??

Right now I have to make an estimate on the resources and time to implement this drop shipment process

I do not want to under commit , can you please advise on generic terms

Also when it comes to business process what are the factors that I should consider critical for testing in a drop shipment, thanks again