Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW SR3 installation issue can't find NW export DVD 3/3

scott_mccullough
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm pretty decent installing SAP on unix and I'm now learning on windows 2008 R2 SP1/MS SQL 2005. I'm also accustomed to downloading the NW install master, export CD's and unicode kernel dvd. So here is my question:

I'd like to just install NW 7.0 SR3 ABAP only to play around and kick the tires on windows. I've downloaded the following DVD's to start the install:

NW Install Export 1 of 2 51033493_1

NW Install Export 2 of 2 51033493_2

Install Master windows x64 51038621_13

NW 7.0 SR3 UC-Kernel 7.00 Windows Server on x64 64bit 51033508_15

I've already installed MS SQL and SAP jre. SAPINST runs fine up to the point where I point it to the NW export DVD's. There are only 2 export DVDS for an install but 3 DVDS for an upgrade. The install is failing trying to find the third export DVD, but there are only 2 for an installation. I've also doubled checked my install master was correct as well.

It's probably something simple, but I'm stuck....

TIA

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

scott_mccullough
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for the response.

I was setting up a distributed landscape. I had already installed the global host and I was receiving this message while trying to install the database instance. I've since started to download NW 7.3 for Windows. I spoke with a co-worker and it made sense for a demo landscape to use the latest version. I hope to have better luck with 7.3.

Thanks again for the reply.

Edited by: Scott McCullough on Sep 5, 2011 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

In order to be sure that you started the installation with the path, below;

SAP Netweaver 7.0 Support Release 3 -> SAP Systems -> MS SQL Server -> Central System -> Central System

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik