cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to export only workflows and validations using CTS+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wonder is it possible to choose which objects ( validaitons/assignments/workflows/import maps/syndicaiton maps ) do we want to transport from one environment to another environment of MDM Like objectsdo I can choose like fields using CTS+ OR its only possible to export shcema only or by default it will include all the objects?? Can any one throw some light on this.

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I wonder is it possible to choose which objects ( validaitons/assignments/workflows/import maps/syndicaiton maps ) do we want to transport from one environment to another environment of MDM Like objectsdo I can choose like fields using CTS+

Yes, you can do it.

Please refer page 22/48 --> Supported Data Model Objects of below link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0dd1ae0-36e5-2b10-f8b4-e6365e643...

On page 22/48, It tells that With MDM 7.1 the following data model objects can be transported from a source system to a target repository:

9. Validations and Calculations

10. Assignments

11. Workflows (new with MDM 7.1)

12. Import Maps (new with MDM 7.1)

13. Syndication Maps (new with MDM 7.1)

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I already been through the document but my quesiton is : Is it possible to choose only to transport validaitons with workflows... I dont want any other objects to be moved sya addition or deletion of new fields??

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot specifically identify the validations/assignments that are being used in workflows.

If you have the list of validations/assignments to be moved then you can select them to be transported to new environment using CTS+ via Export Change File. Refer the above link posted by another SDNer.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to transport validaitons/assignments/workflows using schema export using CTS+?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not via Schema transport but via Export Change File, you can move these objects.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0dd1ae0-36e5-2b10-f8b4-e6365e643c0b&override...

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

So what we can transport using schema export -- only Data model?? Does export change file contains maps as well?

Wondeirng so first time when we want to move objects from one repository to another then do we need to create schema as well as change files or only schema file/Change file??

Once we moved the schema and change files to another repository then is it possible to recreate the new schema/reference file and change file and reimport on the repostory?

Please advise

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a new environment setup, first you move the repository archive from the Development/Source environment. This makes an exact copy of your source repository in the target environment including all schema, objects, data & user database.

This archive/unarchive can be performed referring the SAP MDM Console Guide http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/42/ea5671b64e1bf0e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

After that for future transport of changed objects after the initial archive/unarchive - Follow from page 17 for your Development/Source repository -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0dd1ae0-36e5-2b10-f8b4-e6365e643...

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambu,

Thanks for your inputs... I read the document but it says only transporting the data model chnages..How about transporting the validaitions/assingments/maps and so on???

Does it possible to move all the changes like validaitons/assignments/workflows/maps? how?? where we can select these options??

Is it possible to select only validations changs in a source repository to Target repository??

Eg:- I have a source repository where I made few Data Model changes and I also added few validaitons but I want only validaitons to be moved to target repository.. Is it possible??

As per your comments I understood that we cant create new reference if target already imported few source refernece fiels??

Thanks for your inputs.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which document are you referring to, there is a list of objects that can be transported including schema's and all stuff you are asking for.

Answer to your questions is Yes, When you create Export Change File it captures all the changes done from the last transport reference file and gives you an option to select what all changes you want to Accept or Reject. It can be either schema change, validations, assignments etc.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambu,

Thanks for your inputs..

Can you please let me know how to acheive the following scenario:

I have two repositories and two are almost the same but in both the repositories few changes are made

(Source has made some changes to data model, import maps and validaitons)

(Target has made few changes to Data Model, Import Maps)

How to get these repositories in align?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no automated way to make both in synch. You can manually make them in synch. Then create a new Transport Reference File in Source Repository and hereafter you only make changes in Source repository and transport the change in Target.

Easier and best way that I can suggest is to completely overwrite your target repository by moving the archive of source repository and unarchiving it on target repository. Then creating a new Transport Reference File in Source Repository and hereafter you only make changes in Source repository and transport the change in Target using Export Transport Change File.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know how can I make align a source repository in two different target systems..

Say I have a source repository and two target systems (A,B) and out of these target systems A has to be the same as Source system but B system is changing all the time...

So now is it possible to create two reference files based on target systems?

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, its not possible to be done in a standard manner.

While transporting using the Export Change File CTS+, the target and source repository needs be exactly same before the changes were made in source repository for this transport.

If you make any change in Target repository then the transport from Source repository will fail and you will have to manually adjust the .xml file by deleting few tags that are causing conflict. But this is not recommended practice.

Explain your scenario - 1 - DEV, 2 - QA, 1 - PRD?

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the process..

Target A, B repositories are created based on source repository and then repository A is a sandbox where I am making few changes and B is Quality box no changes are allowed...

So I want to add all changes (Data model changes, workflows, validaitons) of source MDM in to A target repository (which is a sand box where I add new workflows, validaitons,assignments and new fields)... so wondering are there any thing I can do using CTS+ ???

Parallely I need to move objects of source repository in to target B repository as it is quality box.... for which using CTS+ I can move thats fine.. using reference and change file method....

I am wondering is it possible to use the same refernece and change file method of CTS+ to move objects from source repository to Target A repository???If not then what would be the steps to move the changes of source to A repository?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You need to follow this -

DEV Repository needs to be completely copied(Archive/UnArchived) in Sandbox everytime you want to bring the Sandbox in Synch.

There can be only 1 source repository in your landscape. You have to make all changes in DEV repository only.

For trial and error you use Sandbox. If you have identified some change in Sandbox that needs to go to Production then you have to manually make those changes in Development Repository and use Export Change File CTS+ to move it to QA and then to Production. But copy(archive/unarchive) the DEV repository to Sandbox, if you want to make both in synch.

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Target A, B repositories are created based on source repository and then repository A is a sandbox where I am making few changes and B is Quality box no changes are allowed...

So I want to add all changes (Data model changes, workflows, validaitons) of source MDM in to A target repository (which is a sand box where I add new workflows, validaitons,assignments and new fields)... so wondering are there any thing I can do using CTS+ ???

Parallely I need to move objects of source repository in to target B repository as it is quality box.... for which using CTS+ I can move thats fine.. using reference and change file method....

I am wondering is it possible to use the same refernece and change file method of CTS+ to move objects from source repository to Target A repository???If not then what would be the steps to move the changes of source to A repository?

-

Hi Verma,

If I unarchieve source/Dev repository in A repository (Sandbox) then I will loose all the work/changes I did in A repository.. Is tehre any work around to move workflow/validaitons/assingments from source repository to move to A repository by keeping A repository work intact?

1)So to use CTS+, target repository should not be edited at all, its true?

2)With out CTS+ is it possible or is there any workaround to transport source repository workflows/valiations manually in to Repository A in the above scenario??

3) Using CTS+ can have multiple reference and change files, one for B repository (Quality ) and another for A repository (Sandbox) where A repository can make change and B repository is not changeable??

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to keep the changes in your sandbox/A repository, then manually edit things when you make any change in DEV repository.

Answers to your questions -

1)So to use CTS+, target repository should not be edited at all, its true?

YES

2)With out CTS+ is it possible or is there any workaround to transport source repository workflows/valiations manually in to Repository A in the above scenario??

NO

3) Using CTS+ can have multiple reference and change files, one for B repository (Quality ) and another for A repository (Sandbox) where A repository can make change and B repository is not changeable??

NO

Thanks,

Shambhu.

Answers (0)