cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR for Eclipse 2.0 Install Error and Connection Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the Eclipse install manager to install CR for Eclipse 2.0, and am getting the error below:

Cannot complete the install because some dependencies are not satisfiable

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.feature.feature.group (2.0.11.r1346) cannot be installed in this environment because its filter is not applicable.

I recently installed Eclipse Indigo and am trying to get it to work with Crystal. I previously used an all-in-one version of Eclipse 3.5 that works fine.

I think I installed all the dependencis first by using the Indigo update site: Indigo - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo. I installed the product packages:

-- Database Development (Data Tools)

-- Modeling (which includes EMF and GEF)

-- Web, XML, ... (which includes WST)

I am trying to install CR 2.0 from:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/2_0/update_site

and that's when I get the error above.

As an alternative, I tried to install by droping the crystal jar files into my plugins folder, which sort of worked. Some of CR works fine, except the part about creating new reports or updating connection details of existing reports.

The real problem I have is that I don't have the option to use a POJO data source. When I edit the datasource for an existing report, I only have the option of using a connection under Data Source Explorer. In my old install, I could choose POJO from here.

Also, I don't have the option to create a new report from a Java class. I used to be able to right-click on the class and see a "Crystal Reports" submenu that let me "Add to a new Crystal Report." But that whole submenu doesn't appear for me.

If you can help with any of this, please let me know.

-brandon

Edited by: Brandon Gallagher on Sep 4, 2011 10:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having trouble installing Crystal Reports for Eclipse version 2. I continue to get the error:

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.feature.feature.group [2.0.12.r1476] cannot be installed in this environment because its filter is not applicable.

I followed other suggestions to check for updates in Eclipse (and update), but I'm getting the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ted

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue. C'mon SAP, don't leave us hanging here!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon

Have you updated Eclipse itself? I had some issues upgrading Crystal for Eclipse (several cryptic errors), but it was all resolved when I updated Eclipse using the Software Update Manager and then restarted Eclipse.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi travis_zilker,

Did you solved this below issue? I am also getting same issue as yours..If you resolved then please let me know.

Thanks,

Unexpected database connector error at com.crystaldecisions.reports.datafou

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 11:21 AM

Hello, I have a report which has one main report and three subreports. It works great in the Designer Tool. When I deploy it to JBoss, it only works if I remove two subreports and keep one single subreport in it. If I keep more than one subreport in, then the first page displays fine, but on clicking next page, I get the error below. It looks like some sort of Pagination error. I have removed all conditional suppressions and special page formatting from the report just in case that was causing the issue. I have the latest jars and crystalreportviewer files in my project. Any help would be vastly appreciated. Unexpected database connector error at com.crystaldecisions.reports.datafoundation.DFQuery.for(SourceFile:632) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.datalayer.a.do(SourceFile:1621) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.datalayer.a.a(SourceFile:1404) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.m.b(SourceFile:334) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.j.b(SourceFile:515) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.m.o(SourceFile:408) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.m.a(SourceFile:173) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.ContextNode.a(SourceFile:114) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.ContextNode.a(SourceFile:95) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.j.case(SourceFile:1080) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.h.(SourceFile:108) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataContext.a(SourceFile:254) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.a(SourceFile:4660) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.a(SourceFile:4574) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.new(SourceFile:2652) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.byte(SourceFile:2610) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.try(SourceFile:2282) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.int(SourceFile:2442) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.I(SourceFile:1013) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.if(SourceFile:4816) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.dataengine.DataProcessor2.a(SourceFile:2020) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ObjectFormatter.a(SourceFile:309) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ObjectFormatter.a(SourceFile:250) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.u.a(SourceFile:922) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.u.e(SourceFile:784) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.u.for(SourceFile:242) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.aa.a(SourceFile:64) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ObjectFormatter.a(SourceFile:243) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ObjectFormatter.a(SourceFile:210) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.v.a(SourceFile:185) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.v.a(SourceFile:230) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ai.for(SourceFile:359) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ai.for(SourceFile:133) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ColumnFormatter.for(SourceFile:120) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.aa.a(SourceFile:64) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ai.a(SourceFile:511) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ai.a(SourceFile:452) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ai.a(SourceFile:369) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ah.a(SourceFile:72) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ReportColumnFormatter.a(SourceFile:86) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.paginator.SinglePageFormatter.a(SourceFile:332) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ai.for(SourceFile:359) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ai.for(SourceFile:133) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.ColumnFormatter.for(SourceFile:120) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.paginator.SinglePageFormatter.for(SourceFile:177) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.objectformatter.aa.a(SourceFile:64) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.paginator.PageFormatter.do(SourceFile:727) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.formatter.formatter.paginator.PageFormatter.formatPage(SourceFile:226) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.requesthandler.ReportViewingRequestHandler.byte(SourceFile:219) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.do(SourceFile:1909) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:661) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:167) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:529) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:527) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.for(SourceFile:525) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.int(SourceFile:424) at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.request(SourceFile:352) at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.a(SourceFile:54) at com.businessobjects.sdk.erom.jrc.a.execute(SourceFile:67) at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent$a.execute(SourceFile:716) at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.CommunicationChannel.a(SourceFile:125) at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(SourceFile:537) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ds.a(SourceFile:186) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.a(SourceFile:1558) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ReportSource.getPage(SourceFile:767) at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.AdvancedReportSource.getPage(SourceFile:324) at com.crystaldecisions.reports.reportengineinterface.JPEReportSource.getPage(SourceFile:149) at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.s.a(SourceFile:158) at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.s.a(SourceFile:127) at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.bt.a(SourceFile:47) at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.bw.broadcast(SourceFile:93) at com.businessobjects.report.web.event.am.a(SourceFile:53) at com.businessobjects.report.web.a.t.if(SourceFile:2104) at com.crystaldecisions.report.web.jsf.UIReportPageViewer.do(SourceFile:1608) at com.crystaldecisions.report.web.jsf.ViewerHtmlRenderer.encodeEnd(SourceFile:76) at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:861) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:937) at javax.faces.render.Renderer.encodeChildren(Renderer.java:148) at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:837) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:930) at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:933) at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:592) at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:108) at org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:196) at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:110) at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100) at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139) at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:266) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) Thanks!

Edited by: rock40986 on Oct 17, 2011 7:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also having this problem, any solution at the horizon?