cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Issue from Sourcing Unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Kindly point me in the right direction if the following situation is solvable.

I have the following situation to be solved in SNP. These are the inputs.

1) The Forecast is in the DC.

2) The Sales Order is created in the DC, however OTC runs a Plant determination and depending of the rules, the Sales Order can be redirected to the SU.

3) Once the Sales Order is in the SU, we need to consume the forecast in DC to consider the right demand. (Business call)

4) By business definition, they donu2019t maintain forecast in SU.

5) For DP, the sales history will be sent to the DC to create the forecast in the DC.

In some situation the shippiment (good issue) to the customer is done directly from the SU, not from the DC.

So should the whole demand be in the DC even when shipping from the SU?

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

You are not doing yourself any favors by using undefined acronyms that are uncommon to SAP. This will have the effect of limiting the quantity and quality of answers you can expect.

It is unclear what you mean when you say "the Sales Order can be redirected to the SU". Generally, Sales orders will consume forecasts only against the location where the Sales order is placed. Generally, sales order shipments will reduce forecasts only against the location where the sales order is shipped.

I don't really understand the details of your problem, but you might find some opportunity by using aggregated planning.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/2c/c557e9e330cc46b8e440fb3999ca51/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Tthank u for pointing me in right direction...i ll will try to avoid acronyms next time. Thank you for your reply.

Edited by: st.sapscm on Sep 14, 2011 10:36 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

syed_hassan2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sai,

Sorry for my ignorance but what is SU stand for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SU - Sourcing Unit