cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 SKUs for same product in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

My client is trying to close the following gap. Can anyone please suggest me or point in the right direction so as to solve this issue.

We have a situation where for the same product there is the SKU A produced in the plant A and distributed to DCs A1 and A2 (letu2019s say the SKU A is to cover the South region). And the SKU B produced in the plant B and distributed to DCs B1 and B2 (SKU B is to cover the North region).

The gap is, letu2019s suppose that the plant A doesnu2019t have enough capacity to produce the SKU A, the plant A request to the plant B to produce the remain quantity with the SKU B.

Plant B produce and transfer the SKU B to the plant A.

Plant A transfer the SKU B to the DCs A1 and A2.

Question is here SKUB and SKUA correspond to the same product. So is it possible to have different SKUs for same product. We have to do this as it is a business call. They want to have 2 different SKUs for same product. Is it possible to do this in SNP interchangeability concept..

Thank you very much,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's how I'd do it:

Extend SKU A to Plant B and extend SKU B to Plant A. Create a BOM at both which is the same but with SKU A and B at their opposite plants having one extra layer (having their SKU counterparts as components of one another). Then set up T-lanes for plant A to procure SKU A from plant B (and vice versa). So plant A will have two sources of supply for SKU A - a t-lane to procure from plant B and a PDS/PPM at plant A. Also, SKU A at plant A will have some dependent demand from any planned order on SKU B at plant A. And once again, the same holds true for the reverse.

Downside here is of course there are more manual steps in the execution process for the production/process orders. There are probably other gurus who have answers as to how to do this as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I wanted to share one more alternative solution - To cover this gap Interchangeability function can be used , means, during the SNP run, if there is no capacity in Plant A interchangeability could be used to request the SKU B in the plant B.

Sai

Edited by: st.sapscm on Sep 14, 2011 10:33 AM

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue I have seen is that SNP network heuristics and Optimizer do not create substitution orders (from interchangeability supersession chain) for dependent demand.

So if component A is being replaced by component B; SNP Optimizer won't create supply.

However, you can run Optimizer twice and it seems to work.

Once for FG's then again for components only at the location where interchangeability is active.

Answers (0)