cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCode for interface display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on a cost and effort estimate and I would need to check the number of interfaces that a company is using in order to recreate them under a new company code.

Diving on the net + forum, I've seen function RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH.

Could you please provide me a tcode, report or anything where I could see the number of interfaces that are in use (no matter it's an Idoc, Bapi, etc...)?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Edited by: Mariete on Sep 4, 2011 2:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor

Not sure whether we can have the generic T code which will say this is no of BAPI , this is no of IDOC , this is no of proxy , this is no of files we send to application server and then middleware pics it up ....One thing what is possible is that if you are intrested in just the interfaces which flows through the middleware i.e PI we can check all the linked products and Software components and it give you a rough estimate of the interfaces which you have in the middleware ..i.e IDOC+RFC(imported interface) + message interfaces + external definition + message interface .

The function module RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH merely tells you about the RFC function modules in your system ...That is to which host it is assigned etc ...

If you want all the RFC function module you can use the table TFDIR field FMODE = R (remote)...But it will give you all the RFC FM so you can narror down it by Y* or Z* and then FMode to to know all the custom RFC available ...Similary you can check for Y* BAPI and All the IDOCS implemented in your syetem ..I do not think you will need the avilabilty of all standard interfaces rather you will be more intreseted in custom interface ...

1.Check the no of interface in your PI .

2.Check the no of custom BAPI and custom RFC in your R3 .

These should give you a rough estimate ...

Thanks,

Anjaneya .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjaneya,

Many thanks for your answer and explanation.

Unfortunately I'm a bit lost (I could also say totally lost) with this, so I must to ask you once again to put some ligh on this topic. Hence I'll appreciate if you can tell me how to:

1.Check the no of interface in your PI .

2.Check the no of custom BAPI and custom RFC in your R3.

By the way, is there a way to know in a quick way whether the interface is inbound or outbound?

Thanks a lot once again.

anjaneya_bhardwaj2
Contributor
0 Kudos

1.For first answer you can use the link below The table in PI will be SMPPREL3 .There are different sets of namespaces and

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8032] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; .

Another link with tables in PI .

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XI+Tables]

You can use the find button in your intergration repository and then filter them based on your namespace ...standard objects will have http:/sap.com as namespace ...

2. Table TFDIR in R3 ..enter the Y or Z in the field Function module and R in field mode .Click on no of entries and you will get the total no of custom FM's developed in your syetem which gets called remorely .

Hope it solves , please explore the link above and you have a rough estimate it may very by 1-2% due to reason mentioned in the top link .

Thanks,

Anjaneya .

Edited by: Anjaneya Bhardwaj on Sep 5, 2011 7:56 AM

Answers (0)