cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Analytics Composites on to VC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I am trying to import Analytics Composites on to VC 6.0, but it is asking for a password.

We have a standalone VC 6.0 Server connected with EP 6.0.

I am using the following VC path to upload these composites. Tools -> Export/Import

I select the necessary file (which is already present on the VC Server) and select upload (without entering a password).

Then, I get the following message: "You must provide a password for this file."

And when I do enter a password (which I am not sure about) I get the following message: "Invalid Password You entered the wrong password. To enter the new password, import the file again."

Would any of you have an idea about this.

The files that I am trying to upload are ".GML" files.

Thanks

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Analytisc Composites do you mean Analytical Applications? As far as I know they were only shipped with VC 7.0 (NW 04s). You cannot import models from a higher release to a lower release and vice versa.

What you can do is to import the compiled&deployed application (the par file) created with VC 7.0 on a VC 6.0 system.

For further details read this document: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bfe74c2e-0c01-0010-b99b-830... (How to transport applications modeled in Visual Composer from NetWeaver 2004s to NetWeaver 2004).

But of course there certain limits, as not all VC 7.0 features were available with VC 6.0. Those limitations are (e.g.):

- Web Services

- SAP_JDBC connector

- Alert data service

- Multiple values (Relays as Arrays)

- Data Store

- Validation Scope

- Inheritance of Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario:

I understand that we can't import models from a higher release into a lower release.

We actually got these composites from our sister delivery centre.

They have uploaded/transported these on to their VC 6.0.

So, we are trying to the same thing here. One of the files that I am trying to upload is called "CRM_CHANNEL_MGR"

The file does show up in VC 6.0, but won't upload/transfer.

Thanks

Imran

Answers (0)