Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help for below issue:

Issue Description:

My client has multiple third party collection agencies; they would like to distribute the total amount of receivables between four collections agencies. Is there a place where we could assign the collection agency with percentage of total receivables amount?

For e.g Consider there are four agencies A, B, C and D. Percentage for allocation is as below:

A = 50%<br />

B = 25%<br />

C = 15%<br />

D = 10% <br />

Here in daily batch job, whatever the total receivables we have, we need to assign then to the collection agency with above percentage. Hence after dunning using transaction FP03D, I want to allocate the total amount of receivables to collection agency in above percentage. Here FP03D will call the event 5060 to allocate the collection agency, however this event triggers for single Business partner. Hence inside the event I am not able to get all receivables to add custom logic which will calculate and assign according to percentage. Do you have any idea how can we solve the above issue?

Thanks in advance,

Pruthviraj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pruthviraj,

Going thru your post, what I could gather is ,if a particular BP has a debt of $100 and has to be submitted to the collections agencies, then the debt needs to be divided between the collection agencies in the following proportion-

A-$50

B-$30

C-$15

D-$5

Going by the above assumption, you requirement can be met by coding in event 5060.

The debt submission in FI-CA to third party collection agencies is a two step process.

First, the release to the collection agency (FP03E\FP03M) happens in which the debt are allocated to the collection agencies. Then the submission run happens (FP03D\FP03DM),which basically submits the items (Status-02) to the collection agencies.

Now, when you are triggering the release transaction, you can split the debt and allocate them as per the proportion for a particular BP.

Firstly you need to make a customised table and store in the values of the collection agencies along with their proportion percentage.

Now develop a FM, and plug it in event 5060.In event you are getting the amount values from the I_FKKOP structure, for each BP and document no.

So, if SY_TCODE ="FP03E" or "FP03M", then

Take the amount ($100) from the I_FKKOP structure as per the document no. and the business partner, and multiply it by the proportion factor (like 0.5) and store it in a variable ($50) and pass the values and the collection agency name in DFKKCOLL-INKGP (Like A) and DFKKCOLL-INKPS.

Also declare another variable, which stores the proportion factor (0.5) for the particular document no.

Now take the document no. and check if the field DFKKCOLL-INKGP is already updated or not. If yes, take the next value from the customised table (like B) along with the proportion factor (0.3) and pass the values and the collection agency name in DFKKCOLL-INKGP (Like B) and DFKKCOLL-INKPS

So after this the variable storing the proportion factor will 0.8 for the particular document no.

Perform the above step, until the proportion factor in the variable equals 1.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your valuable suggstion. In event 5060 i want to distribute total amount of receivables of all business partners, however event 5060 get called per business partner.

I think in event 5060 i need to add logic to fetch all line items from table DFKKCOLL which are released for submission and then do the further action, however i thought might be there is some other easy way to do this (some configuration like derivation rule to determine agency).

what is your suggestion in this situation?

Thanks in advnace,

Pruthviraj.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi, I would use Events 5058 or 5059 to read custom (Percentage) table.

The custom tablles will contain the percentages to be allocated per agency.

First, you would do your mass Release run (FP03M).

This would set your items to Status Released, and you would know your total to be submiited.

During Submission run (FP03DM):

In the event, you can then read the custom percentage tables and calculate the max for each agency.

Then during the submission steps, only submit if the max has not been reached.

I hope this helps,

Ivor