cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding smartform printing in EN as well as in ARABIC.

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

iam creating a invoice layout for one of our arabic client. they want me to display data on smartform in both english and arabic. how can i do it.

1) how to display material description in both arabic as well as in english. in data base it will be maintained in english only.

2) how to display total amount in words in both the languages(EN and AR).

waiting for your valuable inputs......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rakesh

1. if in data base material short text is maintained in English only, I don't know how to integrate Google translate in SAP

2. Use FUNCTION 'SPELL_AMOUNT' with respective LANGUAGE parameters

Regards

Clemens

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens Li,

Thanks for your reply...and thanks for the idea of integrating google translator in sap...ha...ha..

spell amount i have checked it. its working perfectly....

coming to material description, i think we need to have material description in both the languages EN and arabic. then only i can print the same in both the languages. am i right ?........

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rakesh,

yes you are so right! Where else take the translation from? That's where my google translate idea comes from

Regards

Clemens

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens Li,

I have discussed the same with my client. as per them. the users who will log on using arabic will only maintain the description in arabic, and the user who log on using english will only maintain in english.

but irrespective of the description language which is maintained in material master. they want me to print the same in both the languages. is there any way to achieve this functionality. as far as my knowledge goes on its not possible. before telling that thing to client i just wanted to check with u.

Thanks in advance.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Set a condition in Conditions tab of the text element like SY-LANGU = AR or EN

if SY-LANGU is AR, then display in ARABIC else in ENGLISH.

Follow the same for both the fields.

If other standard texts have to be translated then have a look into the below link:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/TransportRequest/Assign.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31187

Shiva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Call FM twice. One for English language and once for Arabic language. You'll have now both translations.. Thanks.

Edited by: Ravi Ahuja on Sep 5, 2011 12:56 PM

former_member538160
Participant
0 Kudos

ok guys, thanks for your replies....

i am closing this thread........