cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The MS SQL Server version 9 is not supported for the installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Exports,

I was installing Solution manager 7.1 in our office on Windows platform(2003 R2) and DB MSSQL 2005 SP4. i am struck at data base connection information. I am getting an error "The MS SQL Server version 9 is not supported for the installation of this product. SOLUTION: Use appropriate MS SQL Server version. "Please do the needful to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

When installing SAP software you should first consult the Product Availability Matrix at http://service.sap.com/pam and search for the SAP product you want to install. It will tell us what O/S and DB Platforms are supported, so we can avoid these kinds of issues from ever arising, and not waste any time due to using unsupported versions of 3rd party software.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply, as per the PAM and installation guide we can use Windows 2003 and MSSQL 2005. So i am going for windows 2003 R2 and MSSQL 2005 SP4.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You are right with the first statement. Win Server 2003 is supported. But you are trying to install on Win Server 2003 R2.

The PAM does not mention the R2 version for Win Server 2003 as supported OS. Whereas, for Win Server 2008 - R2 is also specifically mentioned as supported OS.

Would suggest you to try with any of the other OS specified in the PAM.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply, issue has resolved.

Solution:

I have installed MSSQL 2008 R2 on same OS and continued the installation.

Regards,

Rakesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You are right with the first statement. Win Server 2003 is supported. But you are trying to install on Win Server 2003 R2.

Just to clear:

Windows 2003 and Windows 2003 R2 are the same product. The R2 release contains some more features that are not available in "without R2.

This is different to Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2. Here different operating system kernel versions are used.

Markus

jiri_lejsek
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same situation and the same problem. But I cannot use SQL 2008 so for me the problem is not resolved. Installation of SQL 2005 is mentioned not only in PAM but also in installation guide so it has to be error in installation master media. Any suggestions?

jiri_lejsek
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have found the reason and the solution: In the file "mssversions.xml" there is error in product name of SolMan - SOLMANEhP2, correct name is SOLMAN71 - just replace the name with text editor (notepad) and you can continue with the installation. (You can repair the file in installation master to avoid the error at all.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jiri. You saved me lot of time.

Cheers

Gurpreet

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...just to add:

Don't use Windows 2003 any more for new installation, the operating system is old and absolete.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rakesh, Please use MSSQL Server 2008 R2. (MS SQL Server version 10)

If possible, please go for Windows 2008 R2 as well.

Thanks