cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I created personalized notification message with standar variables, but when sending the e-mails varibles does not convert to any data.

Message configuration:

La solicitud de %REQUEST_TYPE% número: %REQNO% ha sido creada para el rol %ROLE_NAME%.

Para visualizar detalles del rol puede ir a la siguiente liga %LINK_GET_ROLE_STATUS%

Example of the mail received:

La solicitud de Role Approval número: %REQNO% ha sido creada para el rol .

Para visualizar detalles del rol puede ir a la siguiente liga %LINK_GET_ROLE_STATUS%

:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magaly,

These are referred as email arguments. The email argument %REQNO% seems to be incorrect. Replace it with the below:

#_!REQUESTNUMBER#_!

Also, you can configure only these arguments:

#_!USERID#_! - User ID

#_!USERNAME#_! - Username

#_!USERFIRSTNAME#_! - User firstname

#_!USERLASTNAME#_! - User lastname

#_!REQUESTNUMBER#_! - Request number

#_!REQUESTTYPE#_! - Request type

#_!PATH#_! - Path

#_!STAGE#_! - Stage

Please check and correct them.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magaly,

Are you attempting this customization in GRC 10 or 5.3?

The format of your message template appears to be correct so it is not immediately clear what the issue may be. If this is version 10, a few things to maybe double-check

-Are all the notification variables you are attempting to use associated with the workflow process ID this message is for? You could check this in the MSMP workflow setup. The variables are found in stage 4.

-When you created the new message via SE61 did you save and activate the new message? The save & activate button is different than just the save button

-Maybe try adding an extra space before & after the % characters? I've noticed sometimes when creating a new modification via SE61 the spacing characters in the actual emailed message don't align to how the spacing appears when editing the message. I think this has something to do with how the modification overlays the original message. Maybe spacing could cause the variables to be not interpreted by GRC.

Again... the template you've shown looks correct. I hope you can figure out what is causing the issue