cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while using Import Manager in MDM 7.1 SP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MDM 7.1 SP7. I am trying to import a Tab delimited flat file through import manager. When I try to connect the source file, I get the following error * Logon Error: Found non-complaint CSV format in input stream [Encoding:UTF16].96*

If I try to import through an excel there is not problem. Can someone help to solve this error while importing in Tab delimited flat file through import manager.

Best Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please resave this file with some name and set property Save as Type: Text document (*.txt) and Encoding = UTF8, afterwards try importing it again using MDM Import Manager.

Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandip,

I had tried doing it before posting my question. I saved it in UTF8 and then tried importing. Saving in UTF8 format made the import manager accept characters like Ä and the original error was solved, but when then a new error came which called for UTF16 format. When I digged into it I found that it is due to the double quotes(" ") in the flat file. When I removed the quote import manager accepted it.

So the conclusion is there should be a way to save the flat file in UTF16 format or the workaround is importing it in excel but again excel has limitation of importing 100000 records in one file.

Can you suggest how to save the flat file in UTF16.

Best Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When I digged into it I found that it is due to the double quotes(" ") in the flat file. When I removed the quote import manager accepted it.

For this you need to set this property Use CSV format to import delimited files = True in MDM Console.

In Console>In repositories pane>right click on repository and then set Property Use CSV format to import delimited files = True

which would resolve your problem.

For more details, please refer SAP Note: 1438116

Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandip,

The property which you mentioned is a default property which is there in my Console. So, even if the setting is activated the problem is not resolved. So the only option is a workaround using excel sheet but this also has a limitation of that it can only import 100000 recods in one shot. The same is mentioned in the SAP Note: 1438116 .

Any way thanks for helping me by giving me the note number which has confirmed that there is a limitation of SAP MDM with flat files.

Best Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through SAP MDM Console guide for more information -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/71608566ae3260e10000000a42189b/MDMConsole71.pdf

Text Formats

MDIS supports the following text formats: ASCII, UTF8, UTF16.

In delimited text files, all records must terminate with either a line-feed (LF) or carriage-return/line feed (CR/LF), depending on which platform MDIS is running. On Windows platforms, records must terminate with CR/LF; on Unix, records must terminate with LF.

Thanks,

Shambhu.