cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP optimizer download blocks to PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mill Gurus

We are working on a mill products implementation and are planning to use SNP optimizer to downlaod blocks to PPDS.

Can someone explain the advantages and dis-advantages of downloading blocks from SNP to PPDS?

Under which scenarios is it mandatory to use blocks from SNP (e.g. CTP ..)?

The scenario we are facing is that there are several planning products in SNP ( each planning product has a set of chars. and each char has a range of values for lets say width = 50 - 52; 53 - 55 etc). SNP optimizer creates planned orders while considering setup matrix. The planned orders in SNP are all in daily buckets. When the blocks are downloaded to SNP - does this mean there is only one block per day? Can there be several blocks per day?

Lets say there are 24 planning products in SNP. Each demand qty transaltes to 1 hr. of capacity on one finishing (coating ) resource. These demands are sequenced in such a way that they are optimized for setup and each planning product is unique by the chars. that they translate to 1 block. Does this mean there would be 24 blocks in a day in PPDS?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

We are testing the block download at present using Week Buckets, and so the blocks it creates may be a few days long as part of the week, or else many weeks long. I currently have a customer note open with SAP though as the results dont seem to be what I would expect. The first few blocks match the SNP orders, but then the blocks seem to overlap or have backwards ranges, or not match the SNP orders that I can see. It could be something I am not doing right.