cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import based on main table field and Tuple field condition combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one suggest me how can I import the following scenario in to MDM?

I have main table and a tuple..........

Main table fields say PCode, PName and Tuple Price, Price has Region,Price,Discount.... Now I need to import records in to MDM based on some condition and it is if PName is A and Region is South then only record should be inserted ...... Is it possible?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Can any one suggest me how can I import the following scenario in to MDM?

You can achieve it using MDM workflow on Record Import, Record Add , Record Update etc.

Workflow: Start(Checkout)>Branch>Success(pass records) will get created into MDM -->Stop1(CheckIn)

-

>Fail(not validated) Records will not be created into MDM) -->Stop2(Roll-back)

Main table fields say PCode, PName and Tuple Price, Price has Region,Price,Discount.... Now I need to import records in to MDM based on some condition and it is if PName is A and Region is South then only record should be inserted ...... Is it possible?

I feel this is quite possible, as I stated above in branch step you will add Validation Group (which consist of Main table as well as Tuple table Validation)-->if both condition pass then should be created in MDM else Roll-back

How to create Validation group, Please refer this below blog, afterwards try to add this Validation Group in Validation step or branch step of workflow. Just give it a try...

/people/mandeep.singhsaini/blog/2010/09/15/another-way-to-use-validation-group

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mandeep,

Thanks for your inputs.. Is it possible to acheive this requirement wiht out workflow??as in MDM there are few records already in workflow/CHeck out mode and I need to join the workflow...

Regards,

Rajeev

Edited by: rajeev raj on Sep 5, 2011 12:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

For the requirement to have one primary DF and a Flag DF it works well,but it wont workout of more complex scenarios.

Handling this at PI is easier option.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wondering how SAP PI can handle this requirement because MDM tuple field values are stored in MDM ???

Can you share if there is any workaround for this ?

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

As I previously mentioned PI would need both the values to filter.If you are not having these value on 1st import,syndication and import again is imperative.

This is how PI will handle :http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XpathConditioninReceiverDetermination

Select ignore if the condition fails in receiver determination,it will suppress the failed records.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

Please provide more details what you want to achieve.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have main table and a tuple..........

Main table fields say PCode, PName, Flag(Non Display Field) and Tuple Price(Region,Price,Discount Price,Discount).... Now I need to import records in to MDM based on some condition and it is if Flag is T and Discount is Y then only record should be inserted ...... Is it possible?

I have few records in MDM with the following structure

PCODE,PNAME,Flag,Region,Price,Discount Price,Discount

1,A,T,[2]South,1,,Y,North,2,,N

2,B,F,South,2,,Y

3,C,T,South,3,,N

4,D,F,North,4,,Y

Now I want the update the records (Discount Price) in MDM only when Product Name is A and Discount is Y is it possible?

Ex: source records are as below:

PCODE,PNAME,Flag,DiscountPrice,Discount

1,A,T,0.5,Y

2,B,T,0.7,N

Records shoudl be in MDM as below:

PCODE,PNAME,Flag,Region,Price,Discount Price,Discount

1,A,T,[2]South,1,,Y,North,2,0.5,N

2,B,F,South,2,,Y

3,C,T,South,3,,N

4,D,F,North,4,,Y

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

This is possible through 2 methods I can that I can think of.

Are you using MDM WF?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

so its not possible with out WF? If workflow then how?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

There can be these methods which you can try :

1. Through PI - PI filter the records which hold true to the appropriate port.

This logic can be defined in PI and filtered records can only be sent to MDM.

2. MDM WF - Using MDM WF you can create validation based on the criteria mentioned.Create 2 additional ports one Inbound and one outbound.I am assuming you are launching WF on record import.Your import should only map Main table field and create dummy fields in Main table which correspond to Tuple fields,map them. All records whether they meet the criteria or not will launch a WF.Post launch you can have a branch step which has this validation check,If record fails this Rollback else you syndicate the data to a particular port.Now PI picks data from this port and puts in the additional inbound port so created.

In this inbound port you map Main table primary key and Tuple fields,which you had syndicated.Dont forget to set tuple update based on appropriate matching logic.

A possible 3rd way could be to use IM record filtering method,I will have to try that out to comment on that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Option 1: SAP PI : How does it know which records in MDM are true and which are false...??

I am wondering is there any way to go with out using WF and also not to syndicate back and reimport again?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If we go ahead with Option 1 we can set validation in message mapping in PI and building this failed records can be suppressed.

Only passed records for which validation is true will then be sent to MDM port.

Ask PI consultant to write a condition in receiver determination ,if condition success then only PI interface would execute and output delivered to mdm,if condition fails in receiver determination select option ignore message,it will supress the message.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Is there any possibility to get this done in MDIS that is option 3?? If FLAG field is not comming from source file then how can we handle????

Thanks for your inputs.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I must say you are really committed to your work

Coming back to 3rd option,I would say try using Import manager filter to filter out records which so not fall in your criteria.

Please refer to this blog:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0245870-0adf-2b10-46a8-ca9dcf8e1...

I think this should help you achieve what you want but basic criteria has to be based on FLAG,and that should come in source data.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

PDF you forwarded does filtering only on one table condition but I have to make a filter based on combination of Main table field (Flag) and tuple table field... If both of the fields satisfies then onyl update/create the record in MDM.

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Please refer to this thread:

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

I been through the link and the PDF... thanks for this.. But it seems its not possible to import records into MDM based on filter condition of main table field and tuple table fied values combination... DO let me know if I missed some thing..

Eg1:---

Thats is if Main table has a Flag which has only T/F values along with Unique Field.. and also tuple table has Tuple_Flag Fiedl T/F field along with one field VALUE which is field need to be updated based on condition..So I need to update the recods in MDM based on main table Unique field thats fine... But does it possible to udpate the tuple table field VALUE only when Main table field Flag is T and Tuple table field Tuple_Fag is T.. If these combination doesnt satifies then it should not update the VALUE field.. Does it possibe??

Orelse atleast is it possible to update the tuple field VALUE based on only main table field FLAG =T with out considering Tupel table???

Thanks

Rajeev