SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPEM Case category doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt regarding BPEM case categories. In case cat there is a field in Basic data tab called "CASE CREATION TYPE" having following two options:

a) Automatically

b) Manually

I want to know the basic difference between these two. I have done some research on myself and found out this:

a) Automatically: for this clarification case is created automatically when EMMA transaction founds msg defined in the case cat in the application log.

b) Manually: for this we have to generate the case with help of BAPI by manually coding it.

Please share your views about my finding whether its right or wrong?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Pravesh:

Your assessment is correct.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Pravesh:

Your assessment is correct.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPEM case creation depends on the message that is being configured against different case categories.

Automatic case categories are configured generally for standard codes like ISU Billing Job or Invoicing Job. Here the application log is written with different messages during the ISU job and later EMMA transaction is executed which picks all these messages (with variables) and create unique cases.

Manual Case creation is generally used in custom codes to raise a BPEM case as and when an exception is encountered like during sales order creation product code is missing or during account statement generation contact address in missing. In these custom developments application log in not written but the message is directly used to create a BPEM case by directly calling the BAPI.