cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Issues when the query is executed in Bex Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query which i will execute in the Bex analyzer in 3.5.

When the query shows it results i see all the info object TEXTS like (0Salesorg as Sales Organization)

When an other users executes the same query the same sales organization is shown in their own language eg:-german and the remaining info objects are showing their technical names (0MATERIAL_BRAND)

are there any settings that needs to be done please let me know

Cheers,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vikram-

Custom objects (variables, for example) are not translated by SAP language installations. To review some discussions on translation, you can refer to this recent thread wherein the use of the Translation Workbench was discussed.

Please also note that, depending on the language, some SAP Business Content is also not translated. Certain languages are less thoroughly provided than others.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the user is trying to login he is slecting the language as DE that is the reason this is happening tell them to remove it or mention as EN then the issue will be resolved

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your system is unicode compliant you can see sap objects all standard content in various logon language provided you have installed all the languages. You can check same in RSCPINST transaction as well.If there is any new language required you need to install it with the help of basis team.

In case of Z objects you need to create worklist and piece list and send those translations in next system.

Thanks and regards

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranganath, I'm afraid that you are not correct in this either. We have used Bex 3.x and Bex 7 with Unicode BW 3.5 and BW 7.0 systems for Chinese and Cyrillic characters.

HOWEVER... Microsoft documents are not truly 'multi-language'. Each Document has an assigned "Regionalization" setting, so that an Excel workbook saved as a German region document will not process properly in an India region. One can change this setting, but it becomes quite confusing to the end user. In our company, English is our standard BW language.

When working with WAD, the regionalization issues are less of a problem, it's just working in Bex Analyzer with Excel where the limits come into play.

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in fact Bex 3.x does not support Unicode data. This means that in one logon session, you are able to see only the local characters of your logon language. It is e.g. impossible to display or maintain Russian and Chinese in one session. The logon language has to fit to the local characters inserted.

However Bex 3.x can be used with an SAP BW Unicode system, but you might see unreadable data in that case.

Bex 7.x is fully Unicode compliant - meaning that the restrictions mentioned above are not valid anymore.

Please also have a look at SAP note 588480.

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Characteristic infoobject Text is maintained in more than one language for example (in your case german), then the user can able to see German because his system is set-up for that language.other wise it will display KEY value.. (Technical name).

Bex 3.x is not unicode compatible

Check SAP note 588480.

You can tell the user to change his system settings as below.

GOTO >> control panel >>Regional ans language Options>>administrative>> Here Change system locale to German or his preferred display language. >>apply >. OK.

Hope it will you..

Regards,

Ranganath.

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

Raganath.... Bex 3.x IS Unicode compliant. We used it that way for four years, in Chinese. Sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie ,

Sorry, I mean Bex 3.x Micosoft based client tools, i read it in the following document , Please check the 19th Page

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/701de0c5-28af-2b10-edb6-f10b1ebe8...

Correct Me If I'm wrong.

Thank you Charlie.

Regards,

Ranganath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the front end? Bex Analyser or EP?

If it is Bex , please check the language entered in the logon screen.

If it is EP, Please check the user parameters in SU01.

Thanks,

Krishnan