cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN creation avoid overwriting when referenced to another QN

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

A lot ot times the user enters all details in the QN and when they reference all the information is overwritten by the information from the referenced QN. How can we avoid this?

The user wants to reference it but at the same time does not want all the information from the description replaced by the description from the referenced QN.

They can reference the QN in the initial window itself but they are used to first writing all the information in the description and then referencing it by entering the ref. QN in Ref No. field.

I suggested using the ref number field next to the QN ref. no. field which i a text but this field has already being used for other purpose.

What are my options here. The request is kind of not justified as the issue is because of the training and the users are used to do it this way and want this changed.

Regards,

Naik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what is your requirement.

But I would suggest you check the customer exit 'QQMA0007 - QM: Default Values when Creating a Notification'.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requireement is say while you are creating a QN and you have filled out all the information that are required in all fields like details, description, long text, priority etc. The description in the long text field might be long too. After entering all these information the user then enter's a refernce notification number in the refernce notification under header tab and hits enter. This over writes all the long text details that you had just typed and overwrites it with the text from reference notfication. The users does not want this to happen. let me know if you still have not understood the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any sugestions on this please?

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naik,

'

The reference notification field is defined as copy model and naturally would behave that way, the reference no. field is also pre-empted as per you.

One suggestion, if acceptable to your client, is to release the notification, come back in change mode and use the "services for object" icon at the top, choose application "quality notificn" to create a small note or attachment where you can mention the reference notification no. which you don't want to be copied.

Regards

Sm.

Edited by: Sm on Sep 14, 2011 7:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is this Icon? I can see Object icon and that doe not how anything. I cretaed QN-Inprocess'd -in Change mode.

I cant find Serivices for Object.

Subh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naik,

Just below the menu bar and left of the screen header "Cretae notification..." you should be able to locate it.

Regards

Sm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did but nothing happens from this Icon . I dont remember what message it shows but still remains in the same screen. I can check back and tell you what the message was.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input / suggestions on this?