Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMMAIN SOLAR02: Create Document > Upload *.zip file fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

problem:

- i can not upload upload a document of type '.zip' to my project in transaction RMMAIN or SOLAR01.

it seems to me, that eventhougth i have a document type configured (using SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN) that allows selection of *.zip files in the file open dialog, the zip file never gets added to the project documentation.

example:

1. transaction RMMAIN

2. selecting a project step (i.e. Project Management)

3. open tab Proj. Documentation

4. select the + icon "Assign Project Documentation"

5. select Create Document

6. use "Upload File"

7. use "Documentation Type" "ACCE Roadmap Accelerator" (i.e. also any other doc type that allows selection of . documents).

8. select any ".zip" file that is residing on your C drive.

instead of adding the document to the roadmap, the zip file opens in windows explorer, and when the document is closed it is gone. it does not get added to the roadmap.

where do i have to change to be able to upload .zip files?

kind regards

markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds strange, just tested it on 7.01 SP26 and 7.1 SP2 and it works on both.

Have you checked your customizing under SPRO - SolMan - Cross Scenario - Document Management - KW Options - Info Object File Formats ? Normally there should exist an entry "ZIP".

Best regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi alex

i am under solman 7.0. there is no SPRO customizing node "Info Object File Formats" underneath "Knowledge Warehouse Options".

would you know where to search under SM 7.0?

thanks

markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try adding the extension "zip" to the table SADOCGENERIC, after this the system should open the files under this extension outplace using the software you have in your computer to handle this files and afterwards update the file in the system.

Kind regards, Fabricius

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but in RMMAIN upload of zip file still fails. the zip file is opened, and then a dialog appears that the file should be saved and closed. but the zip file application does not allow that. the file is not added to the roadmap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok I have reproduced your problem.

Check table IWDOCFRMT for an entry ".zip" or maintain via sm30.

If you still have the problem, check note 1227924. Maybe this can help you.

BR,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

the entry in IWDOCFRMT is there (was already there). do the flags "Translation Processing" and "Online Processing" have to be set? actually they are blank. the entry is originating by sap from back in 1999.

SAP note 1227924 does not help.

thanks for further advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my opinion:

- the problem either seems to be, that the application for opening zip files does not provide any "save" functionality.

- or the solution manager is not configured to display filetype .zip. but having the entries in both suggested tables did not help.

alex, when repeoducing the problem, was the only change you did, the entry in the table "IWDOCFRMT" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

yes, the enty solved at least the problem for TA SOLAR01. In RMAUTH we never faced that problem because we only work with documents and URLs for accessing external roadmap elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

the problem still exists. any help?

kind regards

markus