cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF417 Barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to generate a barcode for Goods Movement Document. One barcode will contain multiple line item data.

For PDF417 barcode: Do we have any FM to genarate the barcode string, like we have LE_EAN128_ENCODE for EAN128 symbology. or Should I just concatenate the data to build the string.

I ll be using group separator and record separator within the string and also GS1 Auto Identifiers..

Thanks

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at SAP note # 645158. You can create a new system barcode via transaction SE73 and set that it is a barcode with the new barcode technolgy and type PDF417.

The note describes how for the group separators etc you can specify hex codes as \0xYY in the barcode data, where YY is the hex data.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for Your response. Sorry for late reply, I was gone for few days.

I have already looked into the snote. I am trying to create the barcode with GS1 format (Fields separated by application identifier). SE73 config done. Now I need to create the barcode string from my program(Adobe form Interface).

I need to know if we have any standard FM to create the string (as LE_EAN128_ENCODE for EAN128 format) or shall I just concatenate the fields separated by GS1 auto identifiers and Group Separators and Field Separators.

Also can you give me one example how the string will look like?

I went through this link from GS1 website but unclear how it works for PDF417:

[http://www.gs1us.org/standards/barcodes/gs1_databar/symbol_size_comparison]

Thanks

Madhu