cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan and documents storage : displaying/managing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to use SAP Knowledge Workbench under SAP SolMan, but I can't find where the documents (.doc, or .xls etc... or else) are stored. After searching infos on the Internet, I found out that they are stored in a folder named SOLAR00 :

Solution:

The system stores all documents in a folder with the technical name of the solution when you create them.

Projects:

With the exception of template projects, the system stores all documents in a folder with the technical project name when you create them.

+In template projects, the system stores all documents, with the exception of project documents, in folder SOLAR00. +

Project documents are stored in a folder with the technical project name.

But where can we display its content ? Which transaction can we use to manage SOLAR00 content ?

And where can we find documents linked to the business processes created in SOLAR01 ?

I tried to display the uploaded documents using SI80 or SI90 but I can't see them, I can't see any of the document posted in SOLAR01 or SOLAR02.

And another point is that we cannot see any of the folders created in SI85 when launching SOLAR01 or SOLAR02

Is there any solution ?

Thanks for all your help.

Freshman SolMan user.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on where your document is assigned. For example: A document assigned to a project can be seen in solar01 and solar02 transactions which are used to manage your projects or in solar_eval. If their assigned in a solution, you'll see it in Solman_directory.

Please check these pages to understand better the implemenatation area in solman:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/SolutionManagerImplementation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp01/helpdata/en/7e/85dc6113694ceaaba9e5ad29ed268b/frameset.htm

Kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Thank you for your complete answer.

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread closed.

Documents are managed in 3 different ways :

- SOLMAN_DIRECTORY is used to store documents related to the solutions.

- SOLAR01 stored business processes documents.

- SOLAR02 stored documents related to the business processes configuration (such as customizing documentation, test cases etc...)

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have additional questions... Sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Sorry for opening this thread again.

Is it possible to edit documents related to a project via SI90 ?

Is there a table that gathered all the physical links to the file uploaded in SOLAR01 or SOLAR02 ?

Is there another way to manage projects documents except from SOLAR01 or SOLAR02 ?

Thank you a lot !

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question not answered, I thought that I found the solution... please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

/

Edited by: Changerequestmanager on Sep 2, 2011 4:21 PM